Applications for the Women’s Leadership Accelerator Program is now open to provide connections, training and practical tools to women though their intensive, cohort-based program and through workshops, trainings and events aimed at the broader journalism community.
The Women’s Leadership Accelerator offers an intensive program of mentoring, discussion and learning from some of the top minds in digital media. Participants work closely with mentors on challenges unique to their careers and also receive support and coaching from Online News Association (ONA) throughout the year.
The Women’s Leadership Accelerator provides:
- A virtual kickoff workshop in March and an in-person cohort gathering in May or June, focused on hands-on personal and professional work; candid discussions about leadership, work-life balance and problem-solving in the newsroom; deep dives on developing leadership and management skills; and one-on-one mentoring from industry leaders
- A year of check-ins and practical, targeted guidance and personal coaching on individual challenges
- Registration to the Online News Association Conference (ONA22)
- A half-day workshop closing workshop for the cohort in September 2022, in coordination with ONA22
- The opportunity to be a part of a cohort of peers to serve as a strong career-long support system
- The Accelerator, supported by lead funder, the Dow Jones Foundation, as well as other funders and sponsors, is open to all women working in digital media, including freelancers, entrepreneurs and independent journalists around the world.
- The accelerator is designed for practitioners working in digital journalism, including freelancers, entrepreneurs and independent journalists, who are pushing innovation. They’re looking for women who not only have an understanding of the digital journalism landscape but who are helping to advance it in innovative ways. Applicants should have experience managing people or projects and be committed to further developing their skills. Innovation means different things in different markets, and they consider that when reviewing applications.
- The program is open to English-speaking participants from around the world. Selected applicants are responsible for ensuring all necessary travel documents are valid and effective for travel to the in-person elements of the program in May 2022. Travel requirements may change as the COVID-19 pandemic evolves. Any information ONA provides around travel is shared merely as a courtesy.
- You can apply to both programs, but you can only participate in one. Applicants who have attended Poynter’s program in past years or who get accepted and plan to attend one of the 2022 Academies are not eligible to participate in ONA’s Women’s Leadership Accelerator program.
For more information, visit https://journalists.org/programs/womens-leadership-accelerator/