Nigeria Health Watch has announced the third edition of the #PreventEpidemicsNaija Journalism Awards ceremony to celebrate evidence-based and accurate reporting of epidemic preparedness in Nigeria is now open.
The #PreventEpidemicsNaija Journalism Award aims to recognize and celebrate journalists who have had an impact by producing evidence-based and accurate reporting of epidemic preparedness in Nigeria.
The #PreventEpidemicsNaija Journalism Awards honours journalists who have reported on all dimensions of epidemic preparedness in Nigeria in digital/print, audio and video formats.
The media significantly affects how the public responds to health issues. The need to go beyond reporting on an outbreak’s response to discussing what needs to be done to prepare for the future outbreak.
Criteria for Nomination
- The nominated article, programme or production should capture the following themes and must have been published or aired between the period of January 1, 2022, to November 30, 2022:
- Communicate the many dimensions of epidemic preparedness in Nigeria
- Inform on the current state of epidemic preparedness in Nigeria, with a special focus on funding
- Highlight and scrutinize budgeting and funding for epidemic preparedness in Nigeria
- Improve community awareness on infectious diseases, empower citizens to demand more funding for epidemic preparedness and hold power to account.
- Print News:
- Length of submission: Written articles of minimum of 650 words in length published in print format/platform
- Online News
- Length of Submission: Written articles of minimum of 650 words, videos of a minimum of 1 minute 30 seconds in length published on online media platform
- Radio: Length of submission: Radio show – 5 minutes or longer.
- Television: Length of submission: TV show/Media Report – 3 minutes or longer.
For more information, visit https://nigeriahealthwatch.com/nigeria-health-watch-announces-preventepidemicsnaija-journalism-awards-2022-nominations-are-now-open/