The International Catalan Institute for Peace (ICIP) has announced the call for nominations for the ICIP Peace in Progress Award 2022, which aims to publicly recognize individuals, entities or institutions that, in an outstanding and extensive manner, have worked and contributed to the promotion and building of peace.
- The Peace in Progress Award consists of public recognition, a sculpture created by the Nobel Peace Prize winner, artist and activist Adolfo Pérez Esquivel, called Porta del Sol, and an economic endowment of 6,000 euros. The award ceremony takes place annually in an institutional ceremony at the Parliament of Catalonia.
- Any natural or legal person can submit nominations to the ICIP Peace in Progress Award, but self-nominated candidates will not be accepted.
- Eligible for this award are natural and non-profit legal persons from around the world that have made an outstanding contribution to the construction and promotion of peace in Catalonia or in any other country.
- No award will be granted posthumously.
- Any natural or legal person can submit nominations to the ICIP Peace in Progress Award. Self-nominated candidates will not be accepted.
- Nominations that were not successful in previous editions may be submitted again this year.
- Only a maximum of two applications per applicant will be accepted. If any applicant presents more than two applications, only the last two applications registered will count.
The Jury will particularly value the following aspects to grant the award:
- The merits of the nominee based on the required documentation submitted and, if applicable, on additional publicly available documentation compiled by ICIP.
- The prolonged engagement and strong commitment of the nominee in the construction and promotion of peace at an international, national or local level.
- The intrinsic pertinence and relevance of the actions undertaken to promote the values explicitly highlighted by the call for nominations.
- The impact and influence of the nominee’s actions on society, communities or people in the international, national or local sphere.
- The recognized prestige of the individuals or legal entities that submit or endorse the candidacy
For more information, visit https://www.icip.cat/en/icip-peace-in-progress-award/