Deadline: 14 July 2019
Erinnerung, Verantwortung und Zukunft (EVZ) Foundation and Kreuzberg Initiative against Antisemitism (KIgA) are currently inviting inspiring individuals, initiatives, projects, or organizations from the grassroots level, which take actions of one of the following natures:
- Jews and Muslims come together for tackling or resolving an issue affecting both communities;
- A Muslim or Jewish community/ individual/ organization supports the enhancement of the conditions of the other minority;
- Jews and Muslims find means to go further in understanding each other than a dialogue meeting (e.g., music, art, literature, community work, youth project, etc.)
Civil Society in the US and Europe witness a virulent climate in politics. The rise of nationalistic, illiberal, and racist ideologies and movements emerges as a disturbing fact. Antisemitism and anti-Muslim hate continue to have a central role in the repertoire of these hate groups. Therefore, Jews and Muslims are particularly affected by this climate. These developments at the same time jeopardize democracies and the rule of law.
Alliances between Jews and Muslims can be seen as one strategy to counter ideologies of inequality. By solidarity actions, they can raise a different narrative in the societies that are increasingly polarized and divided. Muslims and Jews can protect their rights and (religious) freedoms better if they ally.
The Prize, an unconditional donation of € 5.000, will be awarded to one actor from Germany and one from the US at a ceremony in November 2019.
- This call for applications targets grassroots actors in Germany and the US. In this sense, the candidates of the prize should meet the following requirements:
- The candidates should
- be individuals; initiatives; or small-scale non-profit or not-for-profit organizations (with maximum three full time or equivalent combination of part and full-time employees);
- be based in Germany or the US;
- have activities with the potential for being multiplied in different localities and giving inspiration to other people;
- are active or have been active in 2018;
- the activities follow a participatory approach for both communities involved.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form available on the given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.stiftung-evz.de/eng/projects/team-evz-expanded.html