Are you a young Muslim or emerging leader aged 23-40 who is actively contributing to your community in Australia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, or Brunei Darussalam? Then apply for the AAMEP 2023 in person program!
The Australia-ASEAN Muslim Exchange Program (AAMEP) connects young Muslims and emerging leaders aged 23-40 who are actively contributing to their communities in Australia and countries in the ASEAN region. The program builds on the successful 20-year history of the Australia-Indonesia Muslim Exchange Program (AIMEP).
In 2023, the AAMEP will again be an in-person program, open to Muslim community leaders, changemakers, and activists aged 23-40 from Australia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, and Brunei Darussalam.
AAMEP welcomes a range of individuals active in their communities and interested in learning about and connecting with the Muslim communities of other countries in the region. Past delegates have included community organisers, educators, scholars, activists, religious leaders, lawyers, artists, entrepreneurs, and many others representing diverse aspects of the region’s many Muslim communities.
The AAMEP is a unique oportunity for connection, dialogue, and growth between like-minded emerging Muslim community leaders and activists across Australia and the ASEAN region.
- Connect and dialogue directly with high profile and inspiring leaders and changemakers, and build a community of like-minded people across the region.
- Learning & Dialogue
- The program features a diverse and rich range of opportunities for in-depth, meaningful dialogue on issues that are important to you and your community.
- Join a varied and vibrant alumni network that spans diverse fields. Engage in new collaborations and build lasting professional and personal networks and connections.
- Grow your leadership skills as you connect and learn from emerging and established leaders and changemakers from Australia and Southeast Asia.
To apply, you must be:
- Aged 23-40 & identify as Muslim.
- Actively contributing to your community.
- Citizen or permanent resident of Australia, Brunei, Malaysia, the Philippines, or Thailand.
- Able to communicate well in English.
- Able to provide 2-3 reference letters to support your application.
For more information, visit Mosaic Connections.