Deadline: 15 May 2019
As a longstanding partner of One Young World, DSM is proud to provide the Resources & Circularity Scholarship in light of the 2019 Summit in London. Their purpose is to create brighter lives for people today and generations to come. They connect their unique competencies in Life Sciences and Material Sciences to create solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance.
With the Resources & Circularity Scholarship DSM will offer three scholarships to young leaders around the world, who are working to further the transition from a linear to a circular and/or bio-based economy.
The scholarship focuses on DSM’s purpose-driven domain, Resources & Circularity. DSM’s ambition is to safeguard the future availability of natural resources, and to unlock more value from the limited resources that are available. In order to reach this two-fold goal, DSM focuses on five circularity drivers to design and manufacture its solutions:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Reduce the use of critical resources
- Replace scarce, hazardous and potentially harmful resources with renewable and safer alternatives
- Extend the lifetime of products
- Design for recyclability
- Recover waste streams
What does the Scholarship provide?
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London, United Kingdom
- The cost of travel to and from London (economy flights only)
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis from 21-25 October inclusive
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner, during these days
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- Participation in DSM’s internal on-boarding program, both online and face to face prior to the Summit, which includes mentorship with DSM senior experts
If applicants are selected, they are invited by DSM to participate in a pre program at the DSM headquarters in the Netherlands. Please note that the pre-program will run from Saturday 19 until Tuesday 22 October. Furthermore, applicants will have a debriefing day after the summit on Saturday 26 of October.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Candidates must be:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Aged 18 – 30.
- Young leaders from non-profit, community organizations or social enterprises.
- Nationals of all countries will be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Who should apply?
In line with DSM’s ambition to enable the transition to a circular and bio-based economy, this scholarship seeks to support young leaders and entrepreneurs who are making an impact on circularity and addressing resources with their ideas, start-up companies, or other projects and initiatives. Preferably they have 3-5 years of experience in the field.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Specifically, the scholarship seeks candidates who are making a positive impact on accelerating the transition towards a circular and/or bio-based economy in one (or more) of the following ways:
- Materials innovation & design: redesigning, or designing new materials by addressing any one (or more) of DSM’s five circularity drivers as outlined above – Reduce, Replace, Extend, Design, Recover
- Entrepreneurship: contributing to circularity by implementing new business models in the following markets: Buildings (including interior) & construction, Textiles, Heavy Marine & Fishing industry, Electronics, Automotive, Food packaging, 3D printing
- Advocacy and shaping opinions: raising awareness and having a leading voice in the transition towards a circular & bio-based economy
- Clean up initiatives: driving clean up initiatives on waste, by not only cleaning up but also by viewing waste as a resource
- Digitalization: using new technologies to support radical transparency, and to keep materials at their highest utility and value
How to apply
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via the given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.oneyoungworld.com/dsm-resources-circularity-scholarship