Nuffic is a Dutch non-profit organization which offers financial support through scholarships for training programs and short courses in The Netherlands. These scholarships seek to develop and strengthen the skills and abilities of professionals, in order to enable their organizations and communities to succeed in an ever-changing world. The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs funds the Nuffic Scholarship program.
The Hague Academy is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation established by VNG International in 2006, and with the support from the municipality of The Hague.
In 2008, The Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs recognized the Academy as a leading institution on local governance innovation.
Through training and education programmes, it seeks to develop knowledge and skills required to improve local governance and decentralisation in developing and post-conflict societies.
- For OKP Scholarships:
- There is no age limit.
- The candidate must be a national of, and working and living in one of the following countries (Afghanistan, Albania, Armenia, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Colombia, Congo (DRC), Cuba, Egypt, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Liberia, Mali, Macedonia, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Surinam, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe)
- The candidate must not be employed by an organization that has its own means of staff development, for example:
- multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft),
- large national and/or large commercial organizations
- bilateral donor organizations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid),
- multilateral donor organizations, (e.g. a UN organization, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB),
- international NGO’s (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care);
- The candidate must have a current Employer Statement according to the prescribed Nuffic Format.
- All the requested segments must be completed.
- The Employer Statement must be scanned with the original signature AND stamp of the organization, and preferably on official letterhead of the organization.
- If applicable, the candidate must have a government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established.
- The candidate must have a passport that is valid at least 4 months after the application deadline.
- The candidate must not receive more than one fellowship for courses that take place at the same time;
- The short courses are taught in English. Therefore, it is important that your English language skills (writing and speaking) are good. Pleases add you IELTS or other language proficiency scores if this is relevant.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience is required, working with or for local or regional authorities. It is to your advantage if the work/experience is related to the content of the training.
- For MSP Scholarships:
- Applicants must meet the same employer, language and work experience criteria mentioned above for OKP Scholarships.
- Applicants must not be over 45 years of age on the application deadline (+ 2 weeks). (This only applies for MSP Scholarships applications).
- Applicants must be a national of, and working and living in one of the countries on the following MSP country (Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia) valid at the time of application;
- The candidate must have a passport that is valid on the application deadline (+ 2 weeks).
What type of Training Programs and Courses are offered by The Hague Academy?
The Hague Academy is organizing several new training programs and courses during the period 2019-2020 on a range of topics related to economic development, gender, governance, climate adaptation, peace and conflict resolution, migration, citizen participation, financial management and sustainable development.
To learn more about these training programs and courses, click on the “next” link below