The 100+ Accelerator is looking for startups that have solutions to protect, renew, and grow the biodiversity of all ecosystems to sustain life on Earth, and maintain the foundation of the supply chains and businesses.
The 100+ Accelerator is launched by AB InBev to help the company reach its ambitious sustainability goals faster by finding startups that could deliver breakthrough advancements across five key sustainability pillars—water stewardship, smart agriculture, circular packaging, climate action and upcycling. In its first two cohorts, more than half of the startups secured long term contracts with AB InBev. The Coca-Cola Company, Colgate-Palmolive Company and Unilver joined AB InBev’s 100+ Accelerator to fund and pilot sustainable innovation in supply chains. In its first three cohorts, the 100+ Accelerator has worked with 70 startups in over 20 countries.
They are looking for the following solutions:
- Technologies or solutions to accelerate positive biodiversity benefits in nature-based solution projects
- Technologies or solutions to improve ecosystem services performance and/or resilience
- Technologies or solutions to increase genetic diversity to improve crops or nutrient content in plant-based foods
- Technologies to measure and track biodiversity in the implementation of nature-based solutions and agriculture projects
- Technologies to measure value chain risk associated to biodiversity loss
- Technologies or solutions for full traceability of food, beverages and consumables (e.g. packaging) to ensure those supply chains are not accelerating biodiversity loss or deforestation
- Technology that measures the impact of waste on biodiversity and intervention suggestions
- Science based methodology to measure ecosystem services (on land / maritime environment)
- Technologies or solutions to increase awareness on Biodiversity challenges
- Solutions to identify and track biodiversity impact on bottom line
- Funding pilots up to $100,000 USD.
- Each partner has committed to one year with an option to renew.
- The 100+ Accelerator will provide support, guidance and access to potential funding through:
- Pilot customer opportunities with the four corporate partners: AB InBev, Unilever, Coca-Cola, and Colgate Palmolive (including the potential to scale company-wide)
- Active mentorship, training and programming in product development, go-to-market, operations, sales and more
- Top mentor network of scientists, academics, domain experts, venture capitalists, corporate sustainability leaders, etc.
- Potential funding from Partner Companies and their networks
- The success of the 100+ Accelerator is not contingent on the amount of capital that the startups will go on to raise at the end of the program.
- They are seeking startups from around the world to answer the challenges and are eager to identify technologies and best practices that can be shared across the businesses and beyond.
- Other companies that share the common vision are welcome to join the 100+ Accelerator as a partner in the future.
- The 100+ Accelerator is looking for innovative solutions that have the ability to scale quickly and make a significant impact on one or more challenge areas. The Accelerator focuses on startups that have a product in market or are prepared to go to market. Also, the Accelerator is particularly interested in supporting great teams: companies led by passionate entrepreneurs who have surrounded themselves with diverse talent that are in the best position to succeed.
- Startups that have demonstrated traction in the form of IP, revenue, clients, pilots or contracts etc. will have the best chance of getting accepted.
- A large part of the program is based on launching pilots to validate product/market fit. Therefore, they are primarily looking for startups that have either a product that is ready to go to market or already in-market. Earlier stage companies will be considered by rare exception only.
- Applicants will be evaluated on a rolling basis. Scoring will be assessed based on the following values:
- Fit with identified sustainability challenges
- Ability to demonstrate traction/product market fit
- Market expertise and team
- Capacity to carry out pilot in selected global zone
For more information, visit 100+ Accelerator.