Deadline: 17 March 2019
- Internet of Things: The Internet of Things has long been more than just an abstract vision. Market researchers estimate that by 2020 some 30 billion “things” worldwide, such as elevators, cars and refrigerators, will be connected via the Internet. Solutions from the Industrial Internet allow companies to automate workflows, optimize supply chains by using intelligent software, and deploy their machinery safely and efficiently. They look forward to hearing about how applicants tackle the topic!
- Artificial Intelligence: Machine learning, thinking robots and intelligent navigation: in the growth field of Artificial Intelligence, they are looking for scenarios for, and analyses of, the use of artificial intelligence in every sphere of life. What might AI mean for medicine and care, and what might it bring to logistics or the automotive industry? What are the opportunities and risks? Surprise us with a piece of work that pushes the boundaries of possibility!
- Cyber Security: Attacks on the information infrastructures in cyber space are becoming increasingly complex and professional. At the same time, companies, state and citizens grow ever more dependent on IT, and so the potential for damage increases accordingly. Cyber security extends the area of activity of traditional IT security to cover all of cyber space. This makes modern information and communication technology practically in its entirety part of cyber space.
- Networks of the Future: Streaming films in HD, high-speed surfing, video telephony – demands on the network are rising steadily. In order to cope with the rapidly growing data volumes, the network capacity needs to be constantly increased. In addition, innovations in applications, e.g. connected cars, are opening up new possibilities for industry and end customers. Whether in mobile communications with the next generation 5G or in the fixed network with vectoring or the fiber-optic rollout – fast Internet connections are crucial to economic and social development.
- The most convincing piece of work from one of the growth areas will be awarded 3.000 Euros.
- In addition, each growth area will be awarded 500 Euros.
- A jury of experts will review all of the papers submitted and select the winning pieces of work until 10.05.2019.
- They will inform the winners in writing and invite them to their major award ceremony in May 2018.
The following individuals are eligible to participate:
- Students and graduates of STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) of all universities worldwide.
- Applicant’s thesis (Bachelor / Master thesis or diploma thesis) can be written in English or German. The thesis has been submittet within the last 18 months.
- Applicant’s thesis is related to one of their growth areas of the future: Cloud, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, Cyber Security or Networks of the Future.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://challenge.telekom.com/en/challenges/women-stem-award-2019?lang=en