Deadline: 8 June 2017
The National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA), U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is currently seeking applications for its program titled “Women and Minorities in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Fields Program (WAMS)”.
This program supports research and extension projects that have robust collaborations to increase the participation of women and underrepresented minorities from rural areas in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
USDA priortises the following:
- Promotion of a safe, sufficient, and nutritious food supply for all Americans and for people around the world;
- Sustainable agricultural policies that foster economic viability for small and mid-sized farms and rural businesses, protect natural resources, and promote value-added agriculture;
- national leadership in climate change mitigation and adaptation;
- Building a modern workplace with a modern workforce; and
- Support for 21st century rural communities.
The anticipated amount available for grants in FY 2017 is approximately $400,000.
- 1862 Land-Grant Institutions, 1890 Land-Grant Institutions, 1994 Land-Grant Institutions, For-profit Organizations Other Than Small Businesses, Hispanic-Serving Institutions, Individuals, Native American Tribal Orgs, not Federally recognized Tribal Governments, Nonprofits with 501(c)(3) IRS status, other than Institutions of Higher Ed, Nonprofits without 501(c)(3) IRS status, other than Institutions of Higher Ed, Other or Additional Information (See below), Private Institutions of Higher Ed, Small Business, State Controlled Institutions of Higher Ed.
- Applications may only be submitted by eligible applicants and may be a collaborative state, tribal, local, or regionally-based network or partnership of public or private entities. Eligible applicants are:
- State agricultural experiment stations;
- colleges and universities;
- university research foundations;
- other research institutions and organizations;
- Federal agencies;
- national laboratories;
- private organizations or corporations;
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit Grants.gov.