Deadline: 16 November 2018
Nominations are open for “Macquarie 50th Anniversary Award”, a new global award which seeks to initiate or build on bold ideas that address an area of social need.
Macquarie encourages non-profits to be imaginative in their thinking about the enduring outcomes they can achieve with this funding. The Award will be shared by approximately five organisations globally, with funding to be delivered over a period of five years.
The Macquarie Group Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Macquarie Group, a global diversified financial group. The Foundation provides support to hundreds of community organisations globally each year through financial support, volunteering and skills sharing.
- to build on an eligible organisation’s ability to address an area of social need
- to encourage eligible organisations to be bold in their thinking about how to address social needs
- to support excellence in the implementation of these bold ideas
- to publicly promote the selected organisations’ work and inspire continuing best practice within the social sector.
- This Award to open to non-profit organisations around the world.
- Applicant organisations need to meet the following criteria:
- must be a registered non-profit within the applicable country and have audited financial statements and a board of directors
- must have a current annual operating budget of minimum $A4 million
- must demonstrate that it has been in operation for a minimum of three years
- must be able to provide evidence or data to support the expected outcomes of their proposed project (either the organisation’s own data if a project is already underway, or research done elsewhere if a new project is proposed)
- the proposed project must be delivered within five years upon receipt of funds or demonstrate a strong ongoing sustainability model following the five-year funding period. Funds will be released according to an agreed project timeline.
- This Award excludes applications requesting funding for research, capital (endowment) campaigns, sporting organisations, schools or religious institutions set up for the purposes of religious teaching.
How to Apply
Nominations must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit Macquarie 50th Anniversary Award.