Deadline: 2 August 2019
Submit your applications for the most empowering and inspiring “Westpac Social Change Fellowship” program which focuses on the growth and development of the extraordinary individuals leading social change in Australia.
The Fellowship will provide funding to support experiences that directly invest in applicants skills, leadership capabilities and networks. Their aim is to help applicants explore, refine and drive the success of applicants social change initiative. Applicants Fellowship experience may involve study tours, work experience, short courses, coaching, stakeholder engagement or building stronger connections.
The objective of the Westpac Social Change Fellowship is to create positive social change in Australia by investing in people who have the drive, the commitment and the innovative ideas to improve the wellbeing of Australians.
An investment up to the value of $50,000 in their personal capacity to lead social change.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be over the age of 18;
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- Be leading an existing social change initiative to address a clearly defined social need in an Australian community at a local, state or national level;
- Seek funding for their personal development and learning;
- Be able to demonstrate support from the community that their initiative is seeking to benefit;
- Be able to demonstrate that their proposed personal development will directly benefit their ability to deliver their initiative;
- Be able to demonstrate how their initiative is an innovative approach to the social problem applicant are trying solve;
- Be able to provide contact details for a community referee and an expert referee who are familiar with their work and will support their Fellowship application;
- Be able to complete the Fellowship in 2020.
Applicants fellowship application must not include costs directly related to running their social change initiative or delivering projects.
- They are looking for people from all walks of life that have the ability, ideas and drive to make a difference.
- Selection will be based on applicants ability to meet the Westpac Social Change Fellow Attributes and their progress to date in their chosen field, the innovativeness of their social change initiative and the relevance of their proposed Fellowship development plan in enhancing their capability to create social change.
- Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Level of commitment and experience to creating positive social change;
- Ability to understand the complexities involved in social issues;
- Capacity to make connections, work collaboratively with others and build networks;
- Ability to articulate how applicants proposed Fellowship has the potential to meaningfully enhance their capacity to address a social change issue affecting Australians; and
- A strong sense of connection to Australia and commitment to improving the lives of others.
How to Apply
- Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
- Supporting information is required as part of the online application:
- A CV of no more than three pages;
- A picture of applicant (headshot) no larger than 2MB;
- Contact details for a Community Referee who is familiar with their work in the community applicant are looking to impact and who can comment on their suitability for this Fellowship; and
- Contact details for an Expert Referee who is familiar with applicants social change initiative and who can comment on the importance and relevance of their work in this field.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2Rmkx2f