Deadline: 20 September 2016
The Wellcome Trust is currently seeking applications from researchers for its Investigator Awards in Humanities and Social Science, with an aim to improve health for everyone by helping great ideas to thrive.
- The level of funding provided for an Investigator Award is flexible and can be anything from under £300,000 to around £1 million.
- Awards can last for up to five years.
- research expenses
- research or teaching buy-out leave
- conference and meeting costs
- To be eligible for an Investigator Award applicants:
- must be a researcher at any stage of their career, for example a newly appointed lecturer, a mid-career researcher, or a senior or emeritus professor
- must hold an established post
- Applications will be considered according to applicant’s career stage and experience.
- Applicants at an early stage in their career, should be able to show that they can innovate and drive advances in their field of study and demonstrate considerable potential. Research, funding and training track records should be good relative to your career stage.
- A mid-career or senior researcher should have achieved more in terms of:
- the originality and impact of your research
- track record in gaining research grant support
- success in training and mentoring others
- Senior researchers should be internationally recognized as leaders in their fields. They should have:
- a permanent, open-ended or long-term rolling contract, salaried by your host organization in the UK, Republic of Ireland or a low- or middle-income country, or
- a written guarantee of an established academic post at a host organization, which they will take up by the start of the award
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT).
Eligible Countries: UK, Republic of Ireland, American Samoa, Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Hong Kong SAR, China, French Polynesia, Guam, China, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, North Korea, South Korea, Lao PDR, Macao SAR, China, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Mongolia, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Taiwan, China, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Papua New Guinea, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Channel Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uzbekistan, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Sint Maarten (Dutch part), St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Martin (French part), St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Uruguay, Venezuela, Virgin Islands (U.S.).
For more information, please visit Wellcome Trust.