Deadline: 28 June 2019
Women, Men or Organisations are invited to apply for 2020 IOC Women and Sport Awards for making their remarkable contributions to the development, encouragement and reinforcement of women and girls’ participation in sport.
The IOC Women and Sport Awards (the “Awards”) are awarded annually to promote the advancement of gender equality in sport. They recognise outstanding achievements and contributions made to develop, encourage and strengthen the participation of women and girls at all levels in the sports world, in order to close the gender gap.
Introduced in 2000, the award highlights role models and change agents in the pursuit of gender equality. Six trophies are distributed each year, one for each of the five continents and one at world level. In 20 years of Awards, there have been 116 recipients from 65 different nations.
The winners’ work to promote gender equality through different projects is also supported with a grant to help them continue and extend their work.
Six (6) Awards in the form of trophies are awarded each year as follows:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- The Award may be granted in recognition of an outstanding contribution to promote the advancement of gender equality, such as:
- The participation of women and girls in sport and physical activities.
- Educating or raising awareness on gender issues.
- Creating an inclusive culture by challenging gender inequality within an organisation.
- Coaching women and girls in sport and physical activity.
- Supporting and coaching women in sports administrative and leadership structures.
- Fostering the inclusion of women in sport in the media.
- Acting as a role model and championing gender equality.
- The following individuals and organisations are eligible to receive the IOC Women and Sport Awards:
- Individuals, such as:
- a retired athlete (i.e. an athlete no longer involved in elite competitive sport)
- an administrator
- a coach
- a journalist or writer
- a sponsor
- an academic
- Organisations, such as:
- a National Olympic Committee (NOC)
- an International Federation (IF)
- a National Federation
- a Continental Association of NOCs
- a sports club
- Note: An active athlete, a team, an IOC Member or an IOC Women in Sport Commission member serving on the Award Committee will NOT be considered.
- Individuals, such as:
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit Women and Sports Awards.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.