One Young World is seeking applications for its Social Business Challenge which is the first innovation competition for sustainable/social projects in Bavaria to encompass corporate citizens, innovators, private and public initiatives, in a joint effort to address their current sustainability challenges under the umbrella of One Young World – hosted in the city of Munich.
The challenge gives innovators, who are developing solutions for a sustainable future tackling the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals 9, 11 or 12, the chance to present their idea to a global audience. The preselected applicants present in front of a top-class jury including representatives of the City of Munich, One Young World, Yunus Social Business, BonVenture, FASE and One Young World Ambassadors.
One Young World is the global forum for young leaders. One Young World identifies, promotes and connects the world’s most impactful young leaders to create a better world, with more responsible, more effective leadership. The annual One Young World Summit convenes the brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact. Delegates from 190+ countries are counseled by influential political, business and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Paul Polman and Meghan Markle.
Challenge Winners Will Receive
- An opportunity to showcase their solution on stage in Munich during One Young World Summit 2021.
- A virtual delegate place to participate in the One Young World Summit 2021.
- Membership of the One Young World Ambassador Community of 12,000+ young leaders from more than 190 countries.
- Your company is a social startup based and operating in Bavaria.
- You have developed a solution to address social or environmental challenges.
- You support one or more of the following SDG’s with your company.
- SDG 9: build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
- SDG 11: make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
- SDG 12: ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- Scalability is desirable.
- A strong team is key.
- At least one of your founding members has to be less than 35 years.
- Your company has reached at least the 1st stage and can present a MVP.
For more information, visit https://www.oneyoungworld.com/social-business-challenge-munich