The Pitch to Save the World! Calling on all impact-focused, women-led businesses to pitch their business idea and win a share of GHC100,000. Take advantage of this great opportunity. Apply Now!
The Pitch to Save the World series of competitions offers startup capital to the top three competition winners, for companies seeking to fulfill one or more of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
For the Ghana edition, companies must be working to help accomplish an SDG related to mitigating the impacts of climate change. The current competition is taking place in Ghana, where Idea Foundry has joined with regional implementing partner, Challenges Group Ghana and other local engagement partners.
- In this competition, 1st place will take home GHS 50K, 2nd place GHS 30K, and 3rd place GHS 20K.
- Mentorship: Network and connect with like-minded mentors.
- Connection: Have your voice heard on a global stage.
- Prize: Cash funding to help build your business.
Why they Do It?
- Idea Foundry is a global impact investor in seed and pre-seed companies. They search for the best double and triple bottom line companies in less trafficked markets. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit, they invest for job creation while empowering local ecosystem enablers and implementers to do the same.
- They are sector agnostic, investing for a better a world in social impact companies and using the UN SDGs as guiding outlines for how to place their resources. Their portfolio is comprised of over 265 companies, creating over $1B in economic impact, or averaging over $50M per year.
- They invest in teams who are communicative, coachable, and credible. They invest in ideas and innovations that have portable applicability. As the world races to invent and innovate the same things everywhere, they look to adapt core IP to multiple markets with local implementers, rather than continually reinvent the same things.
- Pitch competitions allow us to work with local implementing parties and hundreds of entrepreneurs in a small amount of time, providing them with outsized recognition on a global stage, magnifying a short term event into long term dividends and relationships.
- They look forward to working with you!
- Fine print: Award winnings are capped at the conversion of 1 GHS = 0.084 USD (conversion rate on the day of launch), the award winner will receive the GHS equivalent of stated amounts denominated from USD at the rate.
- Legal Company is legally registered and is for profit.
- Location Company is either registered in Ghana or has a significant presence in Ghana.
- Stage The company has traction and is beyond the idea stage.
- Impact The company is making a positive social impact, creating solutions to mitigate climate change in line with the UN SDGs 6, 7, 11, 12, or 13.
- Bonus The company is woman-led or has a positive impact on women and/or young people.
- The top ten applicants will move to the next round, pitching at a live event, to be held at British Council’s Accra location, in front of investors and other ecosystem participants. The top ten applicants will be informed in early June 2023, and the live event will be held 6 July 2023.
For more information, visit Pitch to Save the World Competition.