Deadline: 30 June 2019
The 2019 Call for Applications of the UNESCO Creative Cities Network is now open to foster international cooperation within and across cities of the world that have invested in culture and creativity as a strategic lever for sustainable urban development.
The UNESCO Creative Cities bring a concrete contribution to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the United Nations’ 2030 Agenda through policy-making and grass-root projects promoting the participation of all stakeholders, including women, youth and vulnerable groups. The Creative Cities’ commitment testifies to their central role at the frontline of sustainable development for communities.
By joining the Network, cities acknowledge their commitment to sharing best practices, developing partnerships that promote creativity and the cultural industries, strengthening participation in cultural life and integrating culture in urban development plans.
Created in 2004, the UNESCO Creative Cities Network (UCCN) fosters international cooperation within and across cities of the world that have invested in culture and creativity as an accelerator of sustainable development.
The UNESCO Creative Cities Network aims to:
- Strengthen international cooperation between cities that have recognized creativity as a strategic factor of their sustainable development;
- Stimulate and enhance initiatives led by member cities to make creativity an essential component of urban development, notably through partnerships involving the public and private sectors and civil society;
- Strengthen the creation, production, distribution and dissemination of cultural activities, goods and services;
- Develop hubs of creativity and innovation and broaden opportunities for creators and professionals in the cultural sector;
- Improve access to and participation in cultural life as well as the enjoyment of cultural goods and services, notably for marginalized or vulnerable groups and individuals;
- Fully integrate culture and creativity into local development strategies and plans.
Areas of Action
The objectives of the UNESCO Creative Cities Network are implemented both at the level of the member cities and at the international level, notably through the following areas of action:
- Sharing experiences, knowledge and best practices;
- Pilot projects, partnerships and initiatives associating the public and private sectors, and civil society;
- Professional and artistic exchange programmes and networks;
- Studies, research and evaluations on the experience of the Creative Cities;
- Policies and measures for sustainable urban development;
- Communication and awareness raising activities.
- As the UCCN is a UNESCO international programme for cities, the call for applications is open to all cities of UNESCO Member States and Associate Members.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted using the official 2019 Application Form available on the given website.
For more, visit https://en.unesco.org/creative-cities/content/call-applications