Deadline: 28 February 2019
Rise Up has launched a third cohort of the Youth Champions Initiative, in partnership with the David and Lucile Packard Foundation. The Youth Champions Initiative (YCI) is an exciting initiative that is advancing innovation and quality in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights globally. Through YCI, Rise Up invests in young champions who are leading the sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice (SRHRJ) movement now and for the next generation.
Following a competitive selection process, Rise Up will select 22 visionary young people working in Packard Foundation priority geographies – India, Pakistan, Ethiopia, Rwanda, and the United States (Louisiana and Mississippi). YCI integrates intensive capacity building, leadership development, mentoring, project funding, and technical assistance to enable young leaders to launch creative new initiatives to improve SRHRJ in their countries.
YCI’s specific strategies include the following:
- INVESTING IN YOUTH CHAMPIONS: In June of 2019, the Youth Champions will participate in the YCI Incubator workshop in the San Francisco Bay Area of California. This intensive Incubator workshop will integrate hands-on capacity building in the areas of sexual and reproductive health and rights, leadership, innovation, advocacy, and project development. The Incubator will provide Youth Champions opportunities to strengthen their skills and leadership, learn from internationally-recognized SRHRJ experts, and develop their own SRHRJ projects. Rise Up will cover all costs related to program participation, including passport and visa application fees, round-trip travel costs, food, and lodging during the week-long Incubator workshop in California.
- SEEDING YOUTH INNOVATION: During the Incubator, Youth Champions will receive coaching and technical assistance from SRHRJ experts in the development of innovative initiatives to increase access to quality SRHRJ services and Each participant will leave the Incubator with a draft project proposal, which they will finalize with their host organizations following the Incubator. Rise Up will competitively award project seed grants to participating Youth Champions and their organizations to launch the SRHRJ projects they developed during the Incubator. Rise Up will also provide ongoing technical assistance to enable the Youth Champions and their organizations to most effectively implement their innovative SRHRJ projects.
Eligible candidates must meet the following selection criteria:
- Young persons between the ages of 18-29.
- Residents of: India, Pakistan, Ethiopia, Rwanda and Louisiana and Mississippi, USA.
- Personal dedication to improving sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Commitment to social change and experience in one or more of the following areas: youth development, education, sexual and reproductive health and rights, innovation and/or related fields.
- Support of the applicant’s host organization and ability to participate in a workshop in Los Altos, California, USA in June or July 2019.
- Proficient in oral and written English.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form and send it via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2T8Et9e