Deadline: 30 April 2016
The SIDA International Training Programme is open for applications on Strategic Environmental Assessment in Asia from 26 September – 14 October, 2016 and in Africa from 21 November – 9 December, 2016, which will be held at Gothenburg and Stockholm, Sweden. The programme may serve as a tool for analysis of environmental impacts and the integration of environmental considerations in strategic planning and decision making. The programme aims at contributing to sustainable development, by supporting capacity building in Strategic Environmental Assessment and integrating environment in strategic planning, decision making and implementation initiated or promoted by the participants.
- Increased knowledge of different approaches to environmental assessments of policies, plans and programmes (SEA)
- Increased knowledge of methods and tools for integrating SEA with strategic planning and decision making
- Increased knowledge of international and regional experience of developing regulations, guidance and procedures for implementing SEA in practice
- Increased understanding of the importance of transparency, access to information and public participation in planning
- Improved skills as a “change agent” in initiating and implementing organisational change
- Strengthened international, regional and national networks in the field of SEA.
- Only candidates nominated by the appropriate organisations and in accordance with national rules will be considered. Participants may be nominated by organisations and agencies that work actively with plans, policies and programmes at national or regional levels and in different sectors for which SEA is recquired or may be applied. These may be government agencies, ministries, non-governmental organisations or private enterprises involved in fields such as: economic development, water, land use, agriculture, environment, industry, natural resource management or urban development.
- The programme will seek diversity in the sectors represented. Priority will be given to organisations responsible for conducting, commissioning and/or reviewing SEA. Participants will be selected from organisations with demonstrated intent and possibilities to support the design and implementation of a SEAP within the organisation.
- Applicants to the programme should:
- hold a key position at middle or high level in an organisation with a clear role in implementing or developing SEA, as described above
- have the responsibility, mandate and and ambition to manage a project related to strengthening SEA capacity in the organisation
- have a relevant academic degree or have appropriate knowledge otherwise acquired
- be available and motivated for active participation through the whole training programme.
- Candidats from the countries mentioned below may apply.
How to Apply
- The application should be written on the attached application form and include a recent photograph.
- When necessary, the application should be approved by the official nominating authority in the applicant’s country.
- A soft copy of the application should be submitted via email.
- A hard copy should be submitted via post.
- Asia: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Lao DPR, Myanmar and Vietnam.
- Africa: Kenya, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania and Zambia.
For more information, please visit SEA.