UN Women has announced a call for proposals for Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in Tunisia to support the gender perspective in the implementation of the project “Sustaining peace in Tunisia through youth inclusion at the local level”.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
As part of this project ‘Sustaining peace in Tunisia through youth inclusion at the local level”, UN Women is recruiting a National non-governmental organization (NGO) with proven work experience with young men and women, to train, mentor, raise awareness and build the capacity of local associations in terms of gender equity and women leadership.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
With the support of UN Women and its partners, the selected NGO will aim to effectively implement the following activities in the target regions of the project:
- Carry out a mapping to assess the needs, capacities, and tools existing among local associations, members of municipal councils and local public actors, in terms of women’s rights and gender equality. The exercise consists in an analysis of the desired capacities compared to existing ones, which makes it possible to understand the assets and needs and to formulate the response to be brought in terms of capacity development;
- Develop and implement capacity development and support programs based on those previously developed by UN Women, to help anchor the gender approach and the promotion of women’s rights in this project;
- Support local associations in the development and implementation of intergenerational capacity development and tutoring programs, imperatively taking into account the gender approach, and adapted to the needs of the young beneficiaries of the project, in order to better involve them in the different phases of the project;
- Support the process of mobilization, support, and empowerment of the young beneficiaries of the project, and ensure that the presence, participation, and visibility of young women are effectively guaranteed.
- Contribute to the implementation of the communication strategy established within the framework of the project by ensuring respect for the gender approach;
- Support to make municipal structures more accessible to the youth (NEETs): relevant structures in the 7 municipalities more accessible to youth in a gender-sensitive manner through the engagement with the Sustaining Peace and Youth hubs.
- Participate in the development of hubs and the online platform for the south and ensure that the gender approach is respected in these spaces;
- Participate in the organization of the project closing event;
- Produce periodic reports as well as an end of project report including the final results
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
The proposed action should be implemented for 5 months between July 15, 2020 and December 15, 2020.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
The project focuses on 7 municipalities in Southern region of Tunisia: Medenine, Tataouine, Remada, Gabes, Ben Guerdane, Zarzis and Djerba-Ajim.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Technical/functional competencies required;
- The implementing partner must demonstrate the following skills:
- Confirmed experience in gender equality, empowerment of women and people with special needs, engagement and inclusion of the young women;
- Proven ability to work in southern Tunisia in 7 municipalities in the 3 governorates (Gabès, Medenine, Tataouine);
- Capacity for management and coordination of civil society projects (CSOs) at local level;
- Good knowledge and analysis of the context, actors and challenges at local level, and demonstrate synergies with other local, national or international initiatives in the field;
- Recognized expertise in consultancy, research, study and analysis specializing in questions relating to the mobilization of local associations; the involvement of young women and men in community projects.
- Good experience in the design and implementation of more inclusive practices that are better suited to young people, especially young women;
- Recognized experience in working with members of municipal councils;
- Experience working with the media in transforming stereotypical representations of young people, especially those based on gender, regional belonging, etc.
- Expertise in the design and implementation of training and in the production and dissemination of educational tools;
- A very good knowledge of international mechanisms, in particular the UN Security Council Resolutions;
- Good experience in advocacy and communication;
- The organization of regional and national events (conferences, seminars, symposia …)
- The implementing partner must demonstrate the following skills:
- Other competencies, which while not required, can be an asset for the performance of services
- Mastery of results-based management;
- Application and integration of the gender approach by all project partners;
- Expertise in online training is an asset;
- Community mobilization;
- Expertise in the use of new technologies in communication and raining is a highly appreciated asset;
- Experience in conflict resolution, strengthening social cohesion and resilience is an asset; and,
- Experience in implementing projects with the UN System is an asset.
For more information, visit UN Women.
For more information, visit https://arabstates.unwomen.org/en/what-we-do/programme-implementation/sustaining-peace-in-tunisia-through-youth-inclusion-cfp
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.