Deadline: 15 February 2017
The Zis Foundation is seeking applications from young people of all nations between 16 and 20 for its Travel Grants, a self-organised study trip to Germany, Austria or Switzerland.
- A grant of 600 Euro for a very unique study trip to a German-speaking country e.g. Suisse, Austria, and Germany.
- Applicants will travel alone and applicants get the chance to research a topic of their own choice.
- Applicant’s project is split into three parts.
- Applicants need to be between 16 and 20 years. It doesn’t matter whether applicants are at school, at university or whether applicants serve an apprenticeship.
- Applicants can choose all German-speaking countries for their travel destination: Germany, Austria or Switzerland.
How to Apply
Applicant’s application must contain the following information:
- The completed zis application form (s.b.)
- A picture of themselves, signed on the back
- A reference from a teacher
- A detailed description of applicant’s research topic, which explains why applicants chose it and possibly applicant’s background knowledge on the theme
- Realistic information on applicant’s language abilities and, only if necessary for applicants’ research, information on artisan or artistic competences
- Data on the course and time line of the journey: arrival, departure, stopovers, means of transport (remember: flying s not allowed), information on contacts
- A first assessment of applicant’s travel expenses (which must be within the 600 Euro)
- Ideas for earning additional money in case the 600 Euro won’t suffice
- Ideas for information search – before and during the journey
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit The Zis Foundation’s Travel Grants.