Deadline: 31 October 2019
Online News Association has launched the Women’s Leadership Accelerator Program which is a yearlong intensive program that supercharges the leadership and management skills of women who are pushing digital innovation.
The Accelerator is designed for practitioners working in digital media, including freelancers, entrepreneurs and independent journalists, who are pushing innovation in digital media.
The Accelerator, supported by lead funder, the Dow Jones Foundation, as well as other funders and sponsors, is open to all women working in digital media, including freelancers, entrepreneurs and independent journalists around the world.
The Women’s Leadership Accelerator kicks off with an intensive week of mentoring, discussion and learning from some of the top minds in digital media. Participants work closely with mentors on challenges unique to their careers and also receive support and coaching from ONA throughout the year.
The Women’s Leadership Accelerator provides:
- A week of hands-on personal and professional work; candid discussions about leadership, work-life balance and problem-solving in the newsroom; deep dives on developing leadership and management skills; inspiring visits to digital media organizations; and one-on-one mentoring from industry leaders.
- A year of check-ins and practical, targeted guidance and personal coaching on individual challenges.
- Registration, travel and accommodations for the 2020 Online News Association Conference (ONA20) in Atlanta.
- A half-day workshop for women in the program during ONA20.
- The opportunity to be a part of a cohort of peers to serve as a strong career-long support system.
ONA staff works with a review committee comprised of a mix of industry leaders and past program participants to select candidates. As in past years, they strive for a diverse cohort, and they will factor in potential, need and diversity across ethnicity, age, geography, technology platforms and skill sets.
The program is open to English-speaking participants who will be responsible for their own passport and visa arrangements and may be asked to assist with other logistics. Both the weeklong training to kick off the Accelerator and ONA20 are hosted in the U.S.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://journalists.org/programs/womens-leadership-accelerator/