Deadline: 10 January 2020
The World Bank Group in partnership with Wharton School’s Zicklin Center for Business Ethics Research, UN Development Programme (UNDP) and UN Women has announced SDGs & Her Competition which is an online competition for women entrepreneurs to showcase how they are supporting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through their business operations.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The objectives of the initiative are to:
- Recognize women implementing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including women business owners of microenterprises.
- Increase knowledge about the SDGs and their potential impacts on women among non-traditional audiences.
- Collaborate with private sector partners on all SDGs, but SDG5 in particular; to share best practices and innovative ideas.
In 2015, all 193 United Nations member countries signed on to 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to “create the future we want in 2030.”
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- The top winners will be recognized in April 2020 at an event on the margins of the 2020 World Bank Group-IMF Spring Meetings in Washington D.C.
- The stories of the winning women entrepreneur (and many other notable entries) will be shared through partners’ social media and websites.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a woman owner of a business that has been in operation for at least 3 years
- own a micro-enterprise, with at least 1 and no more than 9 employees
- have a loan eligibility of under USD $10,000 or annual sales of under USD $100,000
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- own a small-enterprise, with at least 10 and no more than 49 employees
- have a loan eligibility of under USD $100,000 or annual sales of under USD $3,000,000
- Entries will be screened by a university partner and then judged by an expert panel.
- Judges will determine the winners based on the impact on the SDGs, vision and purpose, and clarity of the entries.
For more information, visit https://www.worldbank.org/en/programs/sdgs-2030-agenda#6
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.