Deadline: 3 May 2017
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) is seeking proposals for its project entitled “Strengthening the Protection and Empowerment of Women Migrant Workers in Crisis and Disaster Situations”.
The overall goal of this project is to prevent the exploitation of women migrant workers in the ASEAN through better access to evidence and knowledge, policy advocacy and capacity development of ASEAN and migrant worker institutions.
- Generation of evidence and knowledge
- Policy advocacy based on evidence and international norms and standards
- Social mobilization and campaigning
- To conduct a scoping study including through literature review and field level interviews in two selected countries in ASEAN to identify social security needs of WMWs and their children in crisis and disaster situations as well as the gaps, challenges and opportunities faced across ASEAN agencies in protecting their rights in humanitarian contexts. The travel related costs will be budgeted and managed by the contractor.
- To prepare a report including executive summary, key findings, and a set of set of concrete recommendations and entry points for strengthening social security services for migrant women affected by crisis and disasters.
- Develop a guidance note on key components of social security programs for migrant women in crisis and disaster situations and practice actions on how these could be operationalized through ASEAN mechanisms and beyond
- To support with organizing the Senior Officials Inter-Ministerial Dialogue in mid-June 2017 including preparation of the background documents, presentations as well as meeting/outcome report of the dialogue. The final outcome document (meeting report)should include all agreed actions including the action plans to be taken forward by respective ASEAN bodies in protecting the rights of women migrant workers in crisis/disaster situation. The recommendations and actions plans will be presented and endorsed at the ASEAN Ministerial Meeting in August 2017 and subsequently at the Heads of States at the ASEAN Summit in 2017 for further approvals.
- A registered organization with valid registration certificate
- At least 10 years of experience in regional and national advocacy on migration issues and women’s rights in ASEAN. Previous experience on gender in disaster and crisis situations a strong advantage
- Composition of the team proposed and curriculum vitae of the proposed team that will be involved either full or part time – Key personnel at the agency should have:
- At least Master degree in law, social sciences, public administration, international development or related field
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills; experience in and knowledge of design, layout and creative presentations a merit
- Ability to work efficiently and responsively within a multicultural environment
- Strong commitment to gender equality, human rights and respect for diversity
Experience and Skill of Organization
- Proven experience on gender equality and women’s rights
- Proven record on development and implementation of social mobilization and campaigning
- Proven experience working on crisis/disaster situation in AP region
- Previous experience with UN agencies and work experience within the ASEAN region
How to Apply
Proposals must be submitted electronically at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Request for Proposals.