Deadline: 3 May 2017
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) is seeking proposals for “Strengthening the Protection and Empowerment of Women Migrant Workers in Crisis and Disaster Situations”.
- To conduct a scoping study including through literature review and field level interviews in two selected countries in ASEAN to identify social security needs of WMWs and their children in crisis and disaster situations as well as the gaps, challenges and opportunities faced across ASEAN agencies in protecting their rights in humanitarian contexts. The travel related costs will be budgeted and managed by the contractor.
- To prepare a report including executive summary, key findings, and a set of set of concrete recommendations and entry points for strengthening social security services for migrant women affected by crisis and disasters.
- Develop a guidance note on key components of social security programs for migrant women in crisis and disaster situations and practice actions on how these could be operationalized through ASEAN mechanisms and beyond.
- To support with organizing the Senior Officials Inter-Ministerial Dialogue in mid-June 2017 including preparation of the background documents, presentations as well as meeting/outcome report of the dialogue.
- A registered organization with valid registration certificate
- At least 10 years of experience in regional and national advocacy on migration issues and women’s rights in ASEAN. Previous experience on gender in disaster and crisis situations a strong advantage.
- Composition of the team proposed and curriculum vitae of the proposed team that will be involved either full or part time – Key personnel at the agency should have:
- At least Master degree in law, social sciences, public administration, international development or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills; experience in and knowledge of design, layout and creative presentations a merit.
- Ability to work efficiently and responsively within a multicultural environment.
- Strong commitment to gender equality, human rights and respect for diversity.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Thailand
For more information, please visit UN Women.