The U.S. Embassy in Cameroon announces an open competition for organizations to submit applications to organize a virtual workshop to enhance the leadership abilities of female elected officials in Cameroon.
This funding opportunity seeks to build the leadership capacity of Cameroonian women in elected office in developing and achieving goals, understanding the social and legal framework in which they operate, networking, and making good use of available communication tools to convey their message and influence their constituency.
- Enhance the assertiveness of women in elected office;
- Build the leadership and management capacity of participants;
- Provide deeper understanding of the social, political and legal framework of Cameroon in order to develop participants’ ability to operate in that system effectively and to design and implement gender-sensitive reforms;
- Enhance participant’s ability to effectively use modern communication tools; (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn); and
- Create a network of women in political life that cuts across party lines.
- Length of performance period: 2 to 3 months
- Number of awards anticipated: 1 award
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $5,000 to a maximum of $7,000
- Total potentially available funding: $7,000
The target audience is 50-100 women currently serving as senators, members of the national assembly, and mayors or deputy mayors in Cameroon. Participants will be drawn from all regions of Cameroon and reflect the political diversity of the country. Selection of participants will be made jointly with the Embassy.
- PAS encourages applications from the United States and Cameroon:
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
For more information, visit https://cm.usembassy.gov/education-culture/empowering-women-for-executive-leadership/