The City of Burnside is accepting nominations for the 2021 Inspiring South Australian Women’s Award (formerly known as the Women Hold up Half the Sky Award), that recognizes an outstanding woman who has made a significant contribution to the community. The Award is part of the Australia Day awards and honors and is jointly coordinated by the Australia Day Council of South Australia and the Office for Women.
The award is provided by the Minister for Human Services, the Hon Michelle Lensink MLC, who is responsible for the Status of Women portfolio.
- Inspiring SA Women’s Award
- Emerging Leader’s Award
A Commendation Award may be bestowed to encourage the future potential of the nominee.
- Be an Australian Citizen
- Work and reside in South Australia
- Have made an outstanding contribution to the community
- Achievement in their field
- Contribution to the community
- Acting as an inspirational role model
Process of nomination
- Explain the nominee’s achievements and the reasons for the nomination
- Provide background information and any supporting materials.
- Outline how the nominee has made an outstanding contribution and their service to the community. This can be but is not limited to the areas of education, health, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander initiatives, charitable and voluntary services, multicultural initiatives, arts and media, prevention of violence, sport and recreation, disability, science and medicine, business and environmental impact
- Individuals and organisations may submit nominations
Sitting state and federal politicians and current vice-regal officers are not eligible
Nominations should include a written submission from the nominating person or organisation of between 500-2,000 words.
Process of Selection
- The Selection Panel will consist of representatives from the Office for Women, a community member from the Premier’s Council for Women and the Australia Day Council of South Australia
- The Award will be announced and presented by the, Minister for Human Services, Hon Michelle Lensink MLC, at the Australia Day Awards Ceremony at Government House
- Receipt of all nominations will be acknowledged formally on Australia Day
For more information, visit https://www.burnside.sa.gov.au/Latest-News/Homepage-Latest-News/2021-Inspiring-South-Australian-Womens-Award-Nominations