Applications are now open for the 2021 Social Impact Award (SIA) Program to create a community of young people who turn their intentions into action. They support them in the development of social enterprises that face the most challenging problems of today.
The project is designed as a series of events and workshops aimed at spreading awareness of social entrepreneurship, teaching the skills necessary to realize ideas for students and young people!
The Social Impact Award program enables the best teams to realize entrepreneurial ventures, providing access to various networks of peers and professionals on the path to success.
The program offers everything participants a free series of workshops through which they are supported to develop ideas and acquire new ones knowledge, as well as the opportunity to get to know the local community of social entrepreneurs.
Social Impact Award addresses young social innovators who want to solve social or environmental problems in an innovative way of launching projects, initiatives and organizations.
Ideas can be developed in different areas such as poverty reduction, health, education, environment, energy, information and communication technologies, human rights, equal opportunities and in many other areas.
- Two forms of reward
- Jury Award: 3 winning projects with the best jury were awarded with € 1000.00
- Community Award: One finalist project. A community prize of € 1,000 is awarded.
- Decision is based on results voting audience.
- In addition to the prizes, the winners also win entry to the SIA Summit for one team member per project. The SIA Summit brings together all 2020 SIA winners from all SIA countries. In 2020, it will be held from 03.12. to 07.12.2020. in Prague, Czech Republic.
- One additional prize will be awarded based on the online voting community.
- Finalist projects will be presented through short videos on the Social Impact Award website.
- During the voting period, the general public has the opportunity to vote for their favorite project.
- The project with the most votes will be declared the winner by the community.
- All members of the main team must be born between January 1, 1990 and December 31, 2005;
- Participants who have not yet participated in an SIA incubation or won an SIA with by the same idea;
- The idea was not launched before January 1, 2019;
- The idea did not receive external financial support in excess of € 2,000 (investment business angels, prize fund);
- At least one team member lives in the country where he / she is applying for the Social Impact Award.
Selection of winners
There are two types of awards given by the Social Impact Award – Jury Award and Community Award. A different procedure applies to these awards. The winners will be announced on the page Jury Award Selection Process:
- Presentation: Each finalist project is invited to present to the jury the problem that trying to solve, their solution and progress during incubation.
- Jury decision: After all the finalists have been heard, the jury selects the winner in a closed session SIACroatian Jury Award 2020. Evaluation criteria are the same for the selection of finalists and winners: potential impact, degree of innovation, and feasibility and ability to implement. The presentation serves as an additional source of information to the jury members to better evaluate the projects according to the evaluation criteria.
- Award ceremony: Jury Prize Winners (Community Prize Winners, see voting communities) were announced at the awards ceremony held on 01.10.2020. in Zagreb,
For more information, visit https://croatia.socialimpactaward.net/?utm_source=header&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=cross_promo