Deadline: 19 April 2019
Applications are open for UNDP’s ‘16 x 16’ initiative Program 2019 which is a new global initiative, supported by the Government of Italy, as part of UNDP’s Youth Global Programme for Sustainable Development and Peace (Youth-GPS), to recognize and support 16 youth-led organisations, movements or networks that promote Sustainable Development Goal 16 (SDG16). It is also a contribution to the implementation of the United Nations Youth Strategy, Youth 2030.
- Recognize and make visible young people’s leadership, agency and positive role in the context of SDG16, including by supporting their participation in the SDG16 Preparatory Conference in Rome in May 2019.
- Expand existing and open new channels for participation in SDG implementation, monitoring and review, with a focus on SDG16 and related frameworks.
- Support the development of youth-inclusive and co-created guidance and codification of knowledge, to strengthen policy and programming and achieve better collective impact.
Young people are recognized as “critical agents of change” for the 2030 Agenda, and they are already taking action to sustain peace, deliver justice, promote inclusive participation in politics and enhance accountability. Any attempt to build resilient governance must empower young people as key agents of change in their societies and communities. Youth voices, actions and willingness to influence decision-making processes in particular are essential, if sustainable development is to be achieved.
Applicants will participate in a one-day meeting prior to the SDG16 Preparatory Conference in Rome (May 2019); contribute to a youth blog series on peaceful, just and inclusive societies; provide insights, guidance and recommendations to practitioners to strengthen youth-led programming; might be engaged in UN meetings and activities -including the SDG16 Preparatory Conference, the HLPF, the SDG Summit.
- This global call for applications for the ’16 x 16’ Initiative is open to young people leading organisations, movements and networks that promote and support peaceful, just and inclusive societies.
- Candidates are expected to:
- Be young themselves as per the definition of their country/territory.
- Lead a formal or informal youth-led organisation, movement and network.
- Have ongoing experience advancing SDG16 at the local, national or regional level.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be interested in contributing to the follow-up on SDG16 and to SDG16-related initiatives and the broader 2030 Agenda.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.youth4peace.info/node/319