Deadline: 20 July 2019
The International Organization of La Francophonie (OIF), with the support of its partners, has launched the 3rd edition of the Young Francophone Entrepreneur Award.
Its goal is to highlight the entrepreneurial initiatives of young people, give them visibility, encourage them to persevere and project them as “role models” to promote the entrepreneurial spirit among young people. The Government of New Brunswick and the Conference of Ministers of Youth and Sports of the Francophonie (CONFEJES) bring their partnership to the OIF and are associated with the organization of the Prix de 2019, with the participation of the firm EY (Ernst & Young).
This call for applications is open to women and men between the ages of 18 and 35 who are directors of a company. Candidates must be French-speaking, nationals of a member country of the OIF and be successful entrepreneurs who already have a business that works with verifiable achievements.
The objective of the Francophone Young Entrepreneur Award is to stimulate, reward and highlight the dynamism, excellence and creativity of Francophone youth in the field of entrepreneurship and the creation of sustainable wealth. It is also a means of recognizing the essential role of private enterprise for economic development in French-speaking countries and to value the contribution of young people who are successful in the business world. In addition, the prize aims to promote equality between women and men.
The competition is open to all sectors of activity, but priority will be given to companies working in the following economic fields:
- Mauve economy: Culture, education including promotion of the French language;
- Circular and solidarity economy and climate change;
- Green economy: Sustainable development including agriculture;
- Economics of information and communication technologies;
- Blue Economy: Marine Resources, Fisheries and Aquaculture.
- Two young entrepreneurs, a young woman and a young man will be the grand prize-winners of the 2019 Francophone Young Entrepreneur Award. They will each receive an envelope of 10,000 euros and technical support.
- In addition to this prize, will be added, from this 3rd edition, the “Special Jury Prize ” which will also be awarded to a young woman and a young man. The envelope for this special prize will be 3,000 euros for each of the recipients. This prize will be awarded to two candidates who will have won the jury’s attention because of the innovative nature of their project.
- Under the supervision of the relevant Francophonie authorities, a solemn ceremony to award the Francophone Young Entrepreneur Award will take place in Monaco next October, on the sidelines of the 36th session of the Ministerial Conference of La Francophonie.
- The entrepreneur is from a member country of the OIF;
- The entrepreneur is Francophone and between the ages of 18 and 35 at the time of the award;
- The company’s activities take place in at least one member country of the OIF;
- The business has been operating for at least 2 years at the time of the competition on July 30, 2019;
- Owning at least 30% of the capital (shares or units issued);
- The company presents an accounting profit on the last closed financial year;
- The company must be active at the time of submission of the application file;
- Only one application per person can be submitted.
The main criteria for evaluating applications will be based on, but not limited to, financial performance, vision and entrepreneurship, contribution to the green economy and social responsibility. The selection of the winners will be made through a transparent selection process.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via the given website.
For more information, please visit https://jeunesse.francophonie.org/item/998-appel-a-candidatures-prix-jeune-entrepreneur-e-francophone-2019