Deadline: 1 February 2019
The Fondation Ensemble is seeking proposals from eligible organisations for its Programme Fund.
From now on, Fondation Ensemble encourages project holders to integrate a component on sexual and reproductive health.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Sustainable agriculture: In this focus sector, the Foundation aims to participate in addressing the environmental, social and economic challenges involved in a sustainable agriculture that focuses on the needs of the world’s poorest populations. The projects fund are in areas where the environment is most degraded or under greatest threat, and where local populations are most at risk.
- Sustainable fishing: In this focus sector, the Foundation funds sustainable fishing projects that closely link protection of fish stocks and conservation of ecosystems with protection of marine species and the well-being of local populations. The actions undertaken help the beneficiary families and future generations to ensure their own food security and to find new local income-generating activities.
- Biodiversity conservation: In this focus sector, the Foundation funds terrestrial and marine biodiversity conservation projects (fauna and flora) that bring sustainable social, economic and environmental benefits, particularly for the poorest communities and that contribute to protecting threatened species.
- Sustainable Technologies: In this focus sector, the Foundation provides particular support for the development of innovative technologies that the very poor can afford, and which improve their access to energy, to decent living conditions and to more environmentally-friendly means of production. Innovative technologies based on a sustainable development model can generate microenterprises within communities.
- The funding requested is approximately € 50 000 per year, maximum.
- The funding requested does not exceed 50% of the total project budget.
- The duration of the grant requested from the Foundation is from two to four years.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Applicant’s project corresponds to the Foundation’s mission: it is driven by the demands and needs of the local populations. It aims to bring concrete and sustainable improvements to the target communities’ living conditions (social and economic impacts) while protecting and/or rehabilitating the environment (environmental impacts).
- The project activities come within the Foundation’s focus sectors: sustainable agriculture, sustainable fishing, biodiversity conservation, sustainable technologies.
- The project activities are undertaken in one of the Foundation’s six focus countries: Ecuador, Peru, Mozambique, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar.
- The Foundation no longer funds biodiversity conservation and sustainable fishing projects in the coastal areas of West African countries.
- The proposed implementation areas will have to be accessible for visits by Fondation Ensemble’s staff.
- Mid-term and final evaluations will have to be budgeted and carried out.
- The project is in line with the national strategy of the intervention country.
- The project is participatory and partnership-based: it is designed and implemented in conjunction with the relevant populations and with recognized local and/or international partners, and fosters capacity building.
- The project aims at scaling-up through the close involvement of local and/or national authorities, and support advocacy initiatives to promote policies favorable to the replication of the developed approaches.
- The project delivers sustainable and measurable results, based on appropriate concrete action, contributing to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
- The project encourages innovation whenever possible.
- The project contributes to fighting climate change, by taking into account its expected effects (adaptation) but also, when possible, by tackling greenhouse gas emissions (mitigation).
- The project encourages an entrepreneurial approach and the development of local businesses that create jobs and ensure sustainability and replication.
- The project promotes the empowerment of women, whenever possible, and encourages genuine participation by women in all stages and at all levels of project implementation, particularly in coordination and governance bodies.
- Proposal will provide a detailed assessment of the specific situation of women in the target area and the project will include a Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) component. Otherwise, this will be justified.
- The project promotes a rights-based approach and encourages shared responsibility between all stakeholders, including the poorest and most vulnerable, community or business organizations, and those in positions of power (institutional, economic, social, religious, etc.).
- The project budget (in euros) makes provision for mid-term and final evaluations. It indicates the costs to be covered by Fondation Ensemble, including administrative costs (10% maximum of direct costs) that incorporate head office support costs.
- Proposal contains a forecast funding plan, listing the names of donors and their envisaged, acquired or confirmed contributions. Even if project is selected by the Foundation, a grant agreement can only be signed when at least 75% of the funding (including the Foundation’s contribution) has been confirmed, with supporting documentary evidence.
- The NGO and/or the implementing partner must be registered and allowed to work in the intervention country.
- The NGO must have been in existence for at least three (full) years and have an annual budget of at least € 500 000.
- The proposal must be written in French or in English.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form via given website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.fondationensemble.org/en/submit-proposal/projects-all-sectors/intro-calendar/