Deadline: 12 September 2019
Apply for Climate Governance and Information Traditional Projects that aims at contributing to the development and implementation of EU climate policy and legislation.
The specific objectives of the priority area Climate Governance and Information set out in Article 16 of the LIFE Regulation are in particular:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- to promote awareness raising on climate matters, including generating public and stakeholder support of Union policy making in the field of the climate, and to promote knowledge on sustainable development;
- to support communication, management, and dissemination of information in the field of the climate and to facilitate knowledge sharing on successful climate solutions and practice, including by developing cooperation platforms among stakeholders and training;
- to promote and contribute to more effective compliance with and enforcement of Union climate legislation, in particular by promoting the development and dissemination of best practices and policy approaches;
- to promote better climate governance by broadening stakeholder involvement, including NGOs, in consultation on and implementation of policy.
EU Climate Policy
- Projects under the Climate Governance and Information Priority Area should promote actions contributing to objective of shifting towards a low carbon and resilient economy.
- In this context, the development of long term climate strategies and new policy measures, full implementation of climate policy and legislation as well as ensuring a higher uptake of climate friendly technologies is important.
- Projects could develop cooperation platforms and share best practices for more effective compliance, enforcement and main streaming, and generate support from the public and stakeholders for the Union’s policy-making efforts.
- Projects aiming to enhance climate governance and capacity-building are strongly encouraged. Pure awareness raising activities are not encouraged. If a project develops tools or studies, there must be a specific and concrete action implementing the tool/studies during the implementation of the project.
EU Policy Areas
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
In particular the following European policy areas are encouraged:
- Development and implementation of national 2030 climate and energy strategies and/or mid-century strategies;
- Incentivise behavioural change, mainstream emission reduction and resource efficiency actions in sectors;
- Assessment by authorities of the functioning of the EU ETS;
- Building capacities, raising awareness among end-users and the equipment distribution chain of fluorinated gases;
- Climate policy monitoring, assessment and ex-post evaluation;
- Best practices and awareness raising activities addressing adaptation needs.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Anyone registered in the EU can make a proposal for LIFE traditional, integrated, preparatory, and technical assistance projects under the sub-programmes for climate action.
Applicants could be an:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- public body operating under a national government’s authority, e.g. local authority, national administration etc.
- private commercial organisation
- private non-commercial organisation (NGOs etc.)
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2U77C3U