Deadline: 17 March 2019
The ERA-NET Cofund BlueBio has launched calls for proposals in accordance with the JPI Oceans Operational Plan and tackles common priorities as described by the ERA-NET.
The ERA-NET Cofund instrument under Horizon 2020 is designed to support public-public partnerships between Member States and associated countries for the implementation and coordination of networking activities.
The aim of establishing a coordinated R&D funding scheme is contribute to the development of research-based innovations and to strengthen Europe’s position in this complex economic field in a global market. The basis for this approach builds on the overlapping needs uncovered by the strategic work of the Marine Biotechnology Strategic Research and Innovation Road map developed by ERAMBT, the Strategic Research Agenda of COFASP, and the Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda of JPI Oceans.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
In general projects should explore innovative, yet sustainable and climate-friendly utilisation of aquatic biomass at different trophic levels, as well as sustainable harvesting, and novel aquaculture production systems targeting a range of existing or new markets, products (food, feed, chemistry, nutraceuticals, cosmetics, etc. applying a food first principle). The aim is to create, test, upscale and bring to the market new knowledge-intensive products and services derived from a diversity of aquatic biomass. The aquatic biomass in question may have either marine or freshwater origin. Projects may also seek synergies with land-based production. Projects should describe which part of the value chain being focused and give an indication of the technology readiness level (TRL) before and after the project. For projects that only focus on part of the value chain, impact and consequences of new methods or products should be considered in a wider value chain perspective.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Exploring new bio-resources
- Exploring improvements in fisheries and aquaculture
- Exploring synergies across sectors
- Exploring Biotechnology and ICT
- The following partner countries will provide funds to the call: Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Malta, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Spain, and Sweden.
- The application has to meet and consider the following general eligibility criteria:
- The transnational consortium must consist of at least three independent eligible legal entities from at least three BlueBio partner countries.
- The maximum project size consists of ten eligible partners. Industry or research institutes from partner or non-partner countries with own funds are not included in this number. Those “external contributors” have to be mentioned separately in the submission tool. “External contributors” have to upload a Letter of Commitment.
- All proposals must involve both research organisations and industry (either as partner or as external contributor). Participation of SMEs is especially encouraged.
- The application must be written in English.
- Projects should have a maximum duration of 36 months.
- The requested total budget cannot exceed 2 M € per proposal (requested funding).
- Total requested budget of a country cannot exceed 60 % of the total eligible project budget in order to achieve balanced partnerships and ensure that responsibility and risks are shared.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
A Pre-proposal must be submitted electronically via given website.
For more information, please visit https://bluebioeconomy.eu/era-net-bluebio-cofund-announces-first-call/
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.