Deadline: 16 March 2019
Asian Women Giving Circle (AWGC) is seeking proposals for a program entitled “2019 Women, Arts, & Progressive Social Change” to support Asian American women-led organizations and individual artists in NYC who are using arts and culture to:
- bring about progressive social transformation,
- raise awareness and catalyze action around critical issues that affect Asian American women, girls and families, and
- highlight and promote women’s central role as leaders, creators, developers and managers of these projects.
- The maximum grant amount is $15,000.
- In this grant cycle, AWGC anticipates 5-8 project grants will be awarded, contingent on available funding.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- This RFP is open to both 501(c)(3) organizations and individual artists
- Artists and collectives that are not 501(c)(3)s must apply under a fiscal sponsor that is a 501(c)(3) organization, which they must list on their application as the applying organization.
- NOTE: Failure to provide 501(c)(3) documentation or to provide a fiscal sponsor with the same will automatically disqualify the application.
- All artistic disciplines will be considered, including cross-disciplinary work
- Projects must incorporate the arts in an integral way
- Projects must highlight women’s leadership and/or central role
- Projects must demonstrate a deep commitment to a specific community in NYC
- Grants must be applied to specific projects and cannot support the organization’s ongoing programs, operations, capital or endowments
- Applicants can be at any stage in their careers but must have a track record of developed work that demonstrates their capacity to complete the proposed project and manage the funds requested
- Proposals must make a clear case for the theory of social justice change envisioned by the project, based on the applicants’ own criteria for defining and measuring impact
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit https://forwomen.org/grants-2/awgc-2019-rfp/
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.