Deadline: 5 August 2019
The application is open to individuals who are interested in developing research in the field of visual arts with particular focus on Indian modern and contemporary Indian art.
The project could include more general considerations of curation, art writing and criticism, critical analysis of Indian art history, archival research, institutional histories, an interdisciplinary analysis of theory and practice in the visual arts, the art economy, among others. The expected project should include first-hand research and engagement with art and art historical material.
The Ila Dalmia FICA Research Grant 2019, instituted by FIC,A with the support of art historian and curator Yashodhara Dalmia in the memory of her sister Ila Dalmia, aims to provide an annual grant to support research on Indian modern and contemporary art.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The candidate must provide clear points of inquiry and a starting methodology for the research.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The grant amount of Rs. Two Lakhs will focus on supporting an independent, year-long research project by a selected Indian applicant.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Applicant should be above 18 years of age at the time of submission of application.
- Applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- Applicant should have a post graduate degree in humanities.
- Applications are open only to individuals.
- The proposal can be part of a larger research project that is currently underway. The applicant must clearly chart out what portion of the research will be undertaken as part of this Grant.
The Recipient of the Grant
- Will be expected to complete their research within the one year period of the grant.
- Will have to submit two copies of the completed final research paper, with references, bibliography and other documentation material at the end of the one year to FICA.
- He/she will also to provide two interim reports to share the progress on the project.
- Will be expected to travel to Delhi and present their paper at a public event organized by FICA. The funds for this will be made available separately.
- Will have to submit a final expense statement with a break-up of the funds received.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit http://www.ficart.org/call-for-ila-dalmia-fica-research-grant-2019
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.