Deadline: 5 August 2019
The application is open to individuals who are interested in developing research in the field of visual arts with particular focus on Indian modern and contemporary Indian art.
The project could include more general considerations of curation, art writing and criticism, critical analysis of Indian art history, archival research, institutional histories, an interdisciplinary analysis of theory and practice in the visual arts, the art economy, among others. The expected project should include first-hand research and engagement with art and art historical material.
The Ila Dalmia FICA Research Grant 2019, instituted by FIC,A with the support of art historian and curator Yashodhara Dalmia in the memory of her sister Ila Dalmia, aims to provide an annual grant to support research on Indian modern and contemporary art.
The candidate must provide clear points of inquiry and a starting methodology for the research.
The grant amount of Rs. Two Lakhs will focus on supporting an independent, year-long research project by a selected Indian applicant.
- Applicant should be above 18 years of age at the time of submission of application.
- Applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- Applicant should have a post graduate degree in humanities.
- Applications are open only to individuals.
- The proposal can be part of a larger research project that is currently underway. The applicant must clearly chart out what portion of the research will be undertaken as part of this Grant.
The Recipient of the Grant
- Will be expected to complete their research within the one year period of the grant.
- Will have to submit two copies of the completed final research paper, with references, bibliography and other documentation material at the end of the one year to FICA.
- He/she will also to provide two interim reports to share the progress on the project.
- Will be expected to travel to Delhi and present their paper at a public event organized by FICA. The funds for this will be made available separately.
- Will have to submit a final expense statement with a break-up of the funds received.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit http://www.ficart.org/call-for-ila-dalmia-fica-research-grant-2019