Deadline: 10 December 2019
The U.S. Embassy in Bangkok and the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State have announced the 2020 call for proposals for the U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP) Large Grants Program Funding Opportunity.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
AFCP has helped preserve cultural sites, cultural objects, and forms of traditional cultural expression in Thailand and around the world. Cultural heritage endures as a reminder of the contributions and historical experiences of humanity.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The AFCP Large Grants Program supports the preservation of major ancient archaeological sites, historic buildings and monuments, and major museum collections that are accessible to the public and protected by law in the host country. Appropriate project activities may include:
- Preventive conservation (addressing conditions that damage or threaten the site)
- Stabilization (reducing the physical disturbance [such as settling, collapse] of a site)
- Conservation (addressing damage or deterioration to a collection or sites)
- Consolidation (connecting or reconnecting elements of a site)
- Anastylosis (reassembling a site from its original parts)
- Restoration (replacing missing elements to recreate the original appearance of a site, usually appropriate only with fine arts, decorative arts, and historic buildings)
Specific to the AFCP 2020 Large Grants Program annual competition, proposals for projects that directly support one or more of the following will receive additional consideration:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Support U.S. treaty or bilateral agreement obligations
- Support U.S. Embassy Integrated Country Strategies
- Support disaster risk reduction for cultural heritage in disaster-prone areas
- Support post-disaster cultural heritage recovery
- Preserve World Heritage sites
- Minimum funding available for individual projects is US$200,000 per project and the maximum amount is US$800,000 per project.
- In 2019, awards ranged from US$245,000 to US$500,000.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Eligible project applicants are reputable and accountable non-commercial entities that are registered and active in SAM.gov and able to demonstrate that they have the requisite experience and capacity to manage projects to preserve cultural heritage. This may include non-governmental organizations, museums, ministries of culture, or similar institutions and organizations, including U.S.-based organizations subject to Section 501(c)(3) of the tax code.
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Proposals must be written in English.
- Proposals must be submitted electronically via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://th.usembassy.gov/the-u-s-ambassadors-fund-for-cultural-preservation-afcp-2020-large-grants-program-funding-opportunity/