Deadline: 31 January 2020
The U.S. Embassy in Copenhagen has announced Small Grants Program to provide partial support for artistic and cultural performances, educational initiatives and non-governmental organization (NGO) projects whose aim is to promote and deepen the understanding and appreciation of American foreign policy and culture.
The Embassy elicits proposals with outstanding merit that support the U.S. Government’s broad goals of fostering mutual cooperation. In deciding which projects to support, the Embassy will give consideration to the full range and diversity of Danish organizations – cultural, NGO and educational – and will seek to target geographically and demographically diverse audiences in Denmark.
Applications for the Small Grants Program should not exceed $25,000.
The following are eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations
- Public and private educational institutions
- Public International Organizations and Governmental institutions
- Preference will be given to institutions and individuals with a proven track record of executing superior events, workshops and programs.
- Applications should have an American component. Projects incorporating an American speaker, artist, performer, author, etc., are considered stronger.
- Applications requesting Embassy co-financing are considered stronger.
- Applications should focus on one or more of the Embassy’s priority themes and initiatives:
- Cultural programing (music, dance, film, theatre, photography, etc.)
- Democracy, Good Governance, and Rule of law
- Educational initiatives (English language and American studies)
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Environment, Science and Technology, and Health
- Energy Security
- Gender or LGBT Equality
- Human Rights, Minority Integration and Strengthening of Civil Society
- Countering Disinformation and Encouraging Media Literacy
- Countering Violent Extremism
For more information, visit https://dk.usembassy.gov/education-culture/small-grants-program/