Deadline: 15 May 2020
The BeChangeMaker (BCM) is a joint project funded, initiated, and implemented by WorldSkills International and the HP Foundation. The BCM is a series of social entrepreneurial skill training projects that enable youth with skills and great ideas to explore their career potential as social entrepreneur. The participants are made up of young people who are between 18 to 35 years old and are receiving or have finished general or vocational education and training.
BeChangeMaker provides access to high quality learning content on HP LIFE, tools and technology for startup acceleration, dedicated coaching, mentoring and customized support, as well as the opportunity to tap into a diverse global network of potential supporters and investors.
The top five teams will each receive EUR 1,000 worth of customized post-programme training. Additionally, the top three teams will each receive EUR 2,000 cash award to further invest in their ideas.
To be eligible to enter the BCM, the participants must:
- be from 18 to 35 years old,
- be receiving general or vocational education and training or have finished general or vocational education and training at the time of participation,
- join the BCM alone or with a maximum of four other participants as a team (total team size is five persons maximum),
- be responsible for ensuring that their participation in the BCM complies with any policies of their corporations, agencies, institutions, schools, or colleges where they are employed or trained. WorldSkills International and the HP Foundation are not responsible for any disputes arising between participants and their employers, schools, or colleges.
The participants must complete their learning on HP LIFE, submit their assignments, join coaching session and progress presentations, as well as participate in the pitch competitions based on the following timeline once they have been selected to join the BCM:
- 8 June: Attend programme kick-off and orientation
- 8–18 June: Follow the HP LIFE courses and join the dedicated coaching/mentoring as per the programme guide which will be provided to teams that will be selected to join the programme officially
- 19 June: Progress session 1
- 22 June–2July: Follow the HP LIFE courses and join the dedicated coaching/mentoring as per the programme guide
- 3 July: Progress session 2
- 6–16 July: Follow the HP LIFE courses and join the dedicated coaching/mentoring as per the programme guide
- 17 July: Progress session 3
- 20 July, 21 July: Online pitch 1 (teams will be divided into two groups to deliver their pitches separately)
- 20–30 July: Follow the HP LIFE courses and join the dedicated coaching/mentoring as per the programme guide
- 31 July: Progress session 4
- 3–13 August: Follow the HP LIFE courses and join the dedicated coaching/mentoring as per the programme guide
- 14 August: Progress session 5
- 17–26 August: Follow the HP LIFE courses and join the dedicated coaching/mentoring as per the programme guide
- 27 August, 28 August: Online pitch 2 (teams will be divided into two groups to deliver their pitches separately)
- 1 September, 2 September: Top five teams will be chosen and announced to join the live pitch finale at the WorldSkills General Assembly 2020 in Dublin, Ireland
The participants will be evaluated based on their team performance by a panel of judges at the pitch competitions. The main judging criteria include, but not limited to the followings:
- Relevance: how relevant is your solution to the chosen social issue?
- Innovation: what is the core insight or innovation that differentiates your solution from other existing ones?
- What makes your solution/social venture idea unique?
- Impact: how will your solution improve lives? How many people will be affected if successful and to what extent? Is the solution rooted in research that identifies the scope of the social issue and the solution will help solve it?
- Scalability: if successful, how easily can your solution be replicated nationally, regionally, and globally? How will your solution be a model for other efforts?
- Feasibility: do you have a well-developed and realistic plan to implement your solution? Is your social venture financially sound?
For more information, visit https://worldskills.org/what/projects/bechangemaker/2020/apply/