Deadline: 16 May 2016
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking applications from qualified U.S. or non-U.S. organization, individual, non-profit, for-profit entity or private and public institutions of higher education to fund a program entitled “Sustainable Water Partnership (SWP)” with an aim to increase resilience to water security risk at the basin, sub-basin, or local catchment scale.
The activity will be designed to support USAID and host country governments in safeguarding access to adequate quantities of acceptable quality water for sustaining livelihoods, human well-being, socioeconomic development, and the protection of ecosystem services that underpin the development objectives.
The SWP will achieve these objectives through stakeholder-engaged processes of assessment, planning, and development of financing and partnership strategies to implement targeted measures to reduce vulnerability to priority risks both now and in the future.
Focus Countries: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Nepal, Philippines, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda
- Subject to funding availability, USAID intends to provide up to $65 million in total USAID funding over a five-year period.
- The period of performance anticipated herein is five (5) years. The start date will be upon the signature of the award, estimated to be on or about September 2016.
- Increasing the understanding of men’s and women’s roles and relations and integration of gender and sustainable management of water.
- Transparency in planning and decision making
- Stakeholder dialogue and engagement
- Training, capacity-building, and action
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Applications may be submitted by any U.S. or non-U.S. organization, individual, non-profit, for-profit entity, or private and public institutions of higher education.
- USAID welcomes applications from organizations which have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
- Applicants must have established financial management, monitoring and evaluation processes, internal control systems, and policies and procedures that comply with established U.S. Government standards, laws, and regulations.
- The Recipient must be a responsible entity.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their application forms electronically via given website.
For more information, please visit Sustainable Water Partnership.
Premium Video: How to Raise Funds from USAID. In this 90-minute video, you will learn about the USAID Geographic priorities, Issue Sectors and Financial Instruments & Eligibility; information sources for upcoming calls for proposals; and the Request for Application Process & the Basic overview on developing the Letter of Interest (LOI), Budget and Full Grant Application. Click here to login as a Premium Member to view it now. Not a Premium Member? Sign up here!