The Youth Solidarity Fund (YSF) provides seed funding to outstanding youth-led initiatives that promote long-term constructive relationships between people from diverse cultural and religious backgrounds. The Fund links small scale and local work to larger movements for social and global change.
The YSF supports the development of young peoples organizations and other means for their work to have an even broader and deeper impact and to be expanded. It was established to answer the calls for action made around the world by youth organizations since the creation of the UNAOC.
- Grant support up to USD 25,000 to youth-led activities for fostering constructive relationship contributing to long-term peace and stability.
- Technical support and trainings to the YSF projects
- Assistance with media relations, lobbying, financial management, networking, evaluation, monitoring and sustainability
- Building on previous achievements and moving further to accomplish additional goals in the areas of Education, Youth, Migration and Media.
- Strengthening partnerships and cooperation in multilateral system.
- Adding complementary concepts and tools to the conflict prevention tool box.
- Linking relevant UNAOC project activities to the post-2015 development agenda.
- Increasing interaction of UNAOC with media, civil society and the business sector.
Currently Supported Projects
- “I am not a stereotype”: A journey through photography (Standing Together to Enable Peace Trust, India)
- Gen Peace: We are the Change! (Inspiring Development, Indonesia)
- Dialogue, Debate and Discussion for Youth Leadership (Social service, Awareness Raising and Advocacy for Tranquility and Humanity, Nepal)
- Building Community Resilience to Prevent Conflict (Organization for Community Development, Pakistan)
- Peace Through Young Artists (Sindh Community Foundation, Pakistan)
- “See things as your neighbor does” (Cultural educational center TOMIRIS, Tajikistan)
- Applicant must be a youth organization led by youth between 18 to 35 years of age.
- Proposed project must foster inter-cultural dialogue and promote long-term constructive relationships between the people of diverse culture.
For more information, please visit Youth Solidarity Fund.