Vitamin Angels invites applications from eligible organizations for its Micronutrients Program for Children, an opportunity to receive a donation of Vitamins and deworming medication.
Vitamin Angels helps at-risk populations in need – specifically pregnant women, new mothers, and children under five – gain access to lifesaving and life changing vitamins and minerals. This is accomplished by providing annual, renewable micronutrient and Albendazole grants to qualified non-governmental or community-based organizations – our Field Partners – who want to incorporate micronutrients into their existing services.
Vitamin Angels micronutrient grants are in-kind donations only, no cash is provided. The organization provides:
- Vitamin A (for children 6-59 months) to save lives and reduce illness,
- Albendazole (for children 12-59 months) to reduce the burden of worms and improve micronutrient status, and
- Multivitamins for pregnant & breastfeeding women to support fetal growth and thereby reduce neonatal and infant mortality.
- Beneficiaries must be situated within selected countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America / Caribbean that have been identified by the WHO or UNICEF as vitamin A deficient priority countries (i.e. experience moderate to severe VAD). Grant recipients must target only beneficiaries 6-59 months of age, and/or pregnant or lactating women, and Beneficiaries must be underserved with respect to access to essential micronutrients, generally meaning they meet one of the following criteria:
- Reside in a rural area without any immediate access to facility-based health care services, OR
- Reside in a rural area but may obtain routine health services through outreach or community-based services, OR
- Reside in an urban area without access to facility-based health care services, OR
- Reside in an urban area, have access to facility-based health care services, but the health service system does not have immediate access to essential micronutrients
- Permanent in-country facility with local professional staff,
- Registered as a locally recognized entity (i.e. non-governmental organization, clinic, etc) in the country in which micronutrient products will be distributed to beneficiaries,
- Serve a minimum of 1,000 children under 5 and/or 100 women with micronutrients,
- Be able to legally transport all donated product into the project country and clear customs appropriately without assistance from VA (NGOs that do not have a US based presence must be able to accept delivery of an international shipment and clear customs appropriately without assistance from VA),
- Have capacity to and plan to provide micronutrients to the same project areas for at least 3 years, and
- Agree to the terms and conditions listed in the grantee application
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit the downloadable application form available on the given website.
- Africa: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Asia: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, the Philippines, the United Arab Emirates, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
- LAC: Argentina, Bahamas, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guiana, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Martinique, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthélemy, Uruguay, Venezuela, Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
For more information, please visit this link.