Deadline: 7 May 2020
Under the framework of the European Union/Council of Europe joint programme “Horizontal Facility for the Western Balkans and Turkey 2019-2022”, and its action on “Promotion of diversity and equality in Bosnia and Herzegovina”, the Council of Europe is launching a call for proposals with the aim to fund specific measures to favour inclusion and combat inequalities of vulnerable groups, and/or raise awareness against hate speech targeting these groups in the specific context of the spread of the COVID virus in the Bosnia and Herzegovina.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
It aims to fund specific measures to favour inclusion and combat inequalities of vulnerable groups, and/or raise awareness against hate speech targeting these groups in the specific context of the spread of the COVID virus in the country.
In particular, it aims to:
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Support initiatives to harmonise the anti-discrimination framework across the country and to develop and implement the respective action plans/strategies in relation to anti-discrimination, LGBTI rights and combating hate speech;
- Strengthen the capacity of the authorities, local governments and/or equality bodies in order to allow them to better tailor their interventions to address discrimination and increase cooperation among authorities in this field;
- Increase the knowledge and awareness of the general public about the importance of ant-discrimination policies, about the rights of LGBTI persons and about the dangers posed by hate speech, offering means to develop counter-narratives.
Project partners include institutions of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Ministry for Human Rights and Refugees, Institution of Ombudsman for human rights, Agency for Gender equality, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Directorate for European Integration). Other partners include institutions in Republika Srpska (Ministry for European Integration and International Cooperation, Ministry of Justice), the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Ministry of Justice, Government) and Brcko District as well as the European Union delegation in BiH, civil society organisations, local authorities and other relevant stakeholders.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
The indicative available budget under this call for proposals is 30.000 Euros (thirty thousand Euros). The European Union/the Council of Europe intends to award grants of a maximum amount of 10.000 Euros each.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
The implementation period of the projects should start on 20 May 2020 and shall not extend beyond 20 August 2020 (3 months). Reporting requirements shall be completed on 20 September 2020 at the latest.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Projects should target, in particular, the following key stakeholders:
- Civil society organisations
- Vulnerable groups
- General population
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
In order to be eligible for a grant, an applicant must:
- be legally constituted as a non-governmental organisation in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- be entitled to carry out the activities described in its project proposal on the territory of Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- have been active for at least three years in the field of human rights/anti-discrimination;
- have sufficient financial capacity (stable and sufficient sources of funding) to maintain its activity throughout the period for which the grant is awarded and to participate by way of its own resources (including human resources or in-kind contributions);
- have sufficient operational and professional capacity, including staff, to carry out activities described in its project proposal;
- have a bank account.
For more information, visit https://www.coe.int/en/web/sarajevo/vacancies-tenders