Deadline: 7 May 2020
Under the framework of the European Union/Council of Europe joint programme “Horizontal Facility for the Western Balkans and Turkey 2019-2022”, and its action on “Promotion of diversity and equality in Bosnia and Herzegovina”, the Council of Europe is launching a call for proposals with the aim to fund specific measures to favour inclusion and combat inequalities of vulnerable groups, and/or raise awareness against hate speech targeting these groups in the specific context of the spread of the COVID virus in the Bosnia and Herzegovina.
It aims to fund specific measures to favour inclusion and combat inequalities of vulnerable groups, and/or raise awareness against hate speech targeting these groups in the specific context of the spread of the COVID virus in the country.
In particular, it aims to:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Support initiatives to harmonise the anti-discrimination framework across the country and to develop and implement the respective action plans/strategies in relation to anti-discrimination, LGBTI rights and combating hate speech;
- Strengthen the capacity of the authorities, local governments and/or equality bodies in order to allow them to better tailor their interventions to address discrimination and increase cooperation among authorities in this field;
- Increase the knowledge and awareness of the general public about the importance of ant-discrimination policies, about the rights of LGBTI persons and about the dangers posed by hate speech, offering means to develop counter-narratives.
Project partners include institutions of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Ministry for Human Rights and Refugees, Institution of Ombudsman for human rights, Agency for Gender equality, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Directorate for European Integration). Other partners include institutions in Republika Srpska (Ministry for European Integration and International Cooperation, Ministry of Justice), the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Ministry of Justice, Government) and Brcko District as well as the European Union delegation in BiH, civil society organisations, local authorities and other relevant stakeholders.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The indicative available budget under this call for proposals is 30.000 Euros (thirty thousand Euros). The European Union/the Council of Europe intends to award grants of a maximum amount of 10.000 Euros each.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The implementation period of the projects should start on 20 May 2020 and shall not extend beyond 20 August 2020 (3 months). Reporting requirements shall be completed on 20 September 2020 at the latest.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Projects should target, in particular, the following key stakeholders:
- Civil society organisations
- Vulnerable groups
- General population
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
In order to be eligible for a grant, an applicant must:
- be legally constituted as a non-governmental organisation in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- be entitled to carry out the activities described in its project proposal on the territory of Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- have been active for at least three years in the field of human rights/anti-discrimination;
- have sufficient financial capacity (stable and sufficient sources of funding) to maintain its activity throughout the period for which the grant is awarded and to participate by way of its own resources (including human resources or in-kind contributions);
- have sufficient operational and professional capacity, including staff, to carry out activities described in its project proposal;
- have a bank account.
For more information, visit https://www.coe.int/en/web/sarajevo/vacancies-tenders