Deadline: 28 February 2017
The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) with support from the Ford Foundation is seeking applications from qualified candidates to the 2017 Civil Society Leadership Institute (CSLI) for West Africans.
This programme is designed in response to the need to consciously and consistently groom the next generation of civil society leaders in the region.
The Institute seeks to empower middle-level practitioners within civil society in West Africa with competencies to occupy leadership positions within the sector.
The CSLI programme has two components—training and mentoring, both of which are designed to facilitate transformational leadership through an approach that focuses on
- Individual Development;
- Institutional Strengthening,
- Societal Transformation
Target Group and Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be at the middle management level (Project Officer, Project Coordinator, Programme Officer, Programme
- Manager, Programme Coordinator etc. – a level lower than the executive director position) working within the civil society/non-profit sector;
- Must be a national from and working in the 15 ECOWAS countries (mentioned below);
- Must have a minimum of two years of work experience in their current organization;
- Must have demonstrated leadership or critical problem-solving skills in their current or previous job;
- Must be willing to return to their current organizations and stay for at least one year;
- Must be available to attend a two-week full residential course in Accra — Ghana from May 08 – 19, 2017;
- Must be willing to undertake a four-month mentoring programme from July – October, 2017; and
- Must have an excellent understanding of the English language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit the following at the address given on the website.
- Detailed curriculum vitae;
- Filled and signed application form submitted in word or pdf format;
- A letter of motivation stating why applicants should be considered for this programme and how it will add value to their current role and prepare applicants for the next level.
- Applicants should indicate how the skills gained would enhance their leadership skills. This must be written in not more than 500 words.
- A letter of endorsement from the head of applicant’s current organization stating how their participation in this programme would benefit the organization. This letter should be sent directly by the head of the organization to the email address provided on the website.
Eligible Countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo
For more information, please visit WACSI Call for Applications.