Deadline: 24 September 2019
Please Note: EOIs (via phone with an FRRR Program Manager) for the Larger Leverage tier must be received by 23 July 2019.
The Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR) is pleased to announce its Strengthening Rural Communities – Small & Vital grant program to give small rural, regional and remote communities across Australia the opportunity to access funds that can benefit and help secure their future prosperity.
Grants are available for a broad range of initiatives that directly and clearly benefit local communities.
Applications must clearly demonstrate a focus on one activity from the following seven activity areas:
- Building community resilience
- Developing organisational resilience and capacity
- Enhancing environmental sustainability
- Fostering cultural vibrancy
- Lifelong learning and education
- Economic strength
- Improving community health and social wellbeing
- Small and Vital grants
- Grants of up to $10,000 are available;
- Applications for the Small and Vital tier of this grants program are accepted anytime via their online application portal (Grants Gateway);
- Larger Leverage grants
- Grants between $10,001 – $25,000 are available;
- Expressions of Interest (EOI) (via phone with an FRRR Program Manager) for the Larger Leverage tier will be open until 23 July 2019. A shortlist of applicants will then be provided with access to a full application form to progress an application.
The Larger Leverage tier is focused on supporting two types of projects:
- Projects delivered in remote or very remote communities: FRRR recognises the increased costs of transport, access to services, and what’s needed to enable project delivery and building skills capacity; AND / OR
- Projects that require more financial support in order to support applicants to enhance their capacity and accelerate the outcomes to be achieved. Examples of requests could include: supporting a coordinated approach that has a regional focus; costs that will enhance either resourcing or sustainability needs to ensure the continuity of an event or program being delivered; or supporting activities that applicants would like to repeat over a period of time.
- Please Note: This second type of Larger Leverage project is not determined by remoteness.
- Not-for-profit community-based organisations from communities across rural, regional and remote Australia where funds support projects and activities that offer clear public benefit (i.e. are for a charitable purpose) and address a need in the community;
- Organisations with an ABN or Incorporation Certificate;
- Organisations with and without DGR endorsement;
- An organisation is eligible to submit one application per grant round.
Applications are welcome from any eligible organisation for any eligible purpose; however, the following applications will be prioritised:
- Projects initiated and delivered by local community groups;
- Applications from communities fewer than 15,000 people;
- Organisations that do not have Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) tax status.
- Individuals, private or commercial businesses are not eligible;
- Projects that support core business and areas of responsibility of Federal, State and Local Governments are not eligible.
How to Apply
Application must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.frrr.org.au/grants/Strengthening_Rural_Communities.php