Deadline: 30 November 2019
The U.S. Embassy in Conakry is seeking applications to provide small grants to registered self-help groups, community based organizations, non-governmental organizations, and certain educational institutions. The objective is to aid groups develop projects that improve living conditions in their communities.
Embassy Conakry invites proposals for small community projects. The program is designed to improve basic economic and social conditions in local communities and support high impact, quick implementation activities that benefit a large number of people. Participating communities provide a significant contribution in cash, labor, and materials.
Examples of U.S. Embassy Community Small Grants Program projects include, but are not limited to:
- Income generating activities
- Development activities
- Improved access to potable water
- Vocational and educational training
- Health and nutrition activities
- Agricultural and nature improvement projects;
- Length of performance period: 2 to 12 months
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $5,000 to a maximum of $15,000
Participants and Audiences
Embassy Conakry is soliciting proposals for small grants from non-governmental organizations, community groups, village associations, women’s groups, or any other group that can show that they are a recognized group or entity and have a bank account in the name of the group.
Embassy Conakry encourages applications from all over Guinea:
- Registered not-for-profit organizations, including village associations, women’s groups and civil society/non-governmental organizations with programming experience.
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
The applications should be sent at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://gn.usembassy.gov/education-culture/special-self-help-fund/