Deadline: 15 July 2019
The U.S. Embassy in Kigali and the U.S. Department of State’s Africa Bureau (AF) has announced an open competition for cooperatives registered with the Rwanda Cooperative Agency (RCA) to submit applications for projects to improve basic economic or social conditions in the community.
Under this Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) assistance award solicitation, the Embassy is to provide a one-time grant designed to support high-impact, quick-implementation activities which benefit a large number of people within one year without requiring further assistance. Projects that support and promote livelihoods (particulatly in Nyamasheke, Nyaruguru, and Nyamagabe), food security, employment (particularly youth employment), women’s empowerment, and tradeable skills are preferred.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The objective of the ASG program is to provide small-scale assistance to community-based development projects that have immediate impact while encouraging communities to be self-reliant and undertake similar activities on their own in the future. ASG is part of an ongoing commitment by the U.S. Government to support development activities and welfare of the local community.
Projects selected for funding are those which:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Improve basic economic or social conditions at the local community by funding the expansion of an existing project;
- Have the potential to produce employment and marketable skills, particularly for economic empowerment of women;
- Support high-impact, quick-implementation activities which benefit a large number of people within one year without requiring further assistance;
- Have the potential to generate sustainable income; and
- Involve a significant local contribution in cash, labor, or material, and are within the ability of the local community to operate and maintain.
- Awards may range from a minimum of $5,000 to a maximum of $15,000.
- Anticipated project start date: October 15, 2019.
- Project Performance Period: Proposed project should be completed in 12 months or less.
Participants and Audiences
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The Embassy requires prior registration with RCA in order receive funding. All applicants must provide a copy of the certificate of registration and license from the RCA submission package. Direct funding for NGOs, individuals, public international organizations, foreign governments, parastatal organizations, educational institutions, or U.S. Government departments and agencies is not available under this announcement.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
The following organizations are eligible to apply: Cooperatives with an active RCA registration at the time of submitting the application.
Cost Sharing or Matching
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- ASG activities must have community participation and contribution such as volunteer time and labor, donated land, equipment, and materials.
- Applicants are only allowed to submit one proposal per organization. If more than one proposal is submitted from an organization, all proposals from that institution will be considered ineligible for funding.
How to Apply
Applicants can submit proposals by e-mail at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://rw.usembassy.gov/notice-of-funding-opportunity-ambassadors-small-grants-program-asg/