Deadline: 6 July 2020
The Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs is seeking applications for Food Charities Grant Fund to help peoples affected by coronavirus (COVID-19).
If you run a front-line food aid charity you can apply for a grant of up to £100,000 to help you continue to provide food to the vulnerable.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
You’re eligible to apply if you:
- are unable to meet an increased demand for food from vulnerable individuals or supporting charities
- have the capacity to distribute all of the food purchased under this grant by 9 August 2020
You can apply for the grant to provide for people:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- unable to afford food
- who have moved into temporary accommodation as a result of COVID-19, for example those who have left home due to domestic abuse, newly released prisoners, the newly homeless
This grant is not to provide food for the extremely clinically vulnerable, who are already being supported by government.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
You may need to provide your:
- contact name, phone number and address
- UK bank account number and sort code (only provide bank account details where a BACS payment can be accepted)
- state aid declaration (if applicable)
- DUNS number (if applicable)
- VAT registration number
- company number or registered charity number
- geographic area that you cover
You may also need to confirm whether you’re applying for or receiving:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- other government funding
- food from FareShare
For more information, visit https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-apply-for-the-food-charities-grant-fund