Deadline: 30 May 2020
The One SC Fund is currently seeking applications to fund statewide COVID-19 response efforts. The funds will be granted to nonprofits to respond to community needs stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The One SC Fund: COVID-19 Response is a partnership between SC Grantmakers Network, Together SC, and the United Way Association of SC. The funds will be held at Central Carolina Community Foundation. The funds deployed will enhance the efforts already underway in several counties and regions across South Carolina and will be used to address gaps in the response efforts, including support for communities that lack resources or an organized philanthropic response.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, The One SC Fund will support nonprofits that are providing direct services in response to the public health emergency. Priority will be given to organizations serving under-resourced counties as well as those working with populations disproportionately impacted by this crisis in the areas of basic needs (food and water, shelter, safety and security).
- Organizations may request up to $25,000.
- Coalitions may request up to $75,000.
Note: Intermediaries representing coalitions may not assess fees, and are responsible for final reports to One SC.
The grant period will be no longer than six months.
An organization must:
- Be classified by the Internal Revenue Service as a tax-exempt, 501(c)(3), nonprofit entity or must make use of a fiscal agent that has a 501(c)(3) designation
- Complete an online application
- Provide a detailed project budget
- Provide their organization’s most recent 990.
- Projects not associated with response to or impact of COVID-19 pandemic
- Routine operating expenses of the organization
- Fundraising projects
- Endowment development or capital campaigns
The online application will require your organization to describe:
- What your organization plans to achieve through this project.
- Project objective(s)
- Geographic area(s) served
- Number of families/individuals to be served
- How the families/individuals served will be chosen
- Project partners
- Total project budget
- Requested grant amount
- Additional dollars that will be contributed (leveraged) using this grant
For more information, visit https://yourfoundation.org/one-sc-fund/