Deadline: 30 November 2016
The Abuja Hub of The Global Shapers Community and Selfless for Africa are seeking applications from students for its “Emerging Leaders Program” to encourage the youth of Nigeria to believe in themselves, cultivate the spirit of volunteerism, community service and patriotism.
The participating tertiary institutions are expected to form a team of 3 to 5 students. Each team will have a team name and slogan. The teams from the various tertiary institutions are expected to choose a deprived community in Nigeria, identify a need in the community, and present a proposal focused on addressing the need.
The Global Shapers Community is a network of city-based Hubs developed and led by young leaders between 20 and 30 years old who want to develop their leadership potential towards serving society.
Purpose of Competition
- To cultivate and instill in young people the spirit of volunteerism, community service and patriotism.
- To encourage young people to become change agents within their communities.
- Receive $3,250 ($2,500 to implement the community project and $750 for participants of the winning team).
- Showcase of groups efforts across the sponsor’s communication channels (websites, fundraising events etc.).
- Participating institution must be based in Nigeria.
- Participants from participating tertiary institution must be registered university students.
- Participants from participating tertiary institution must have an interest in community service and service to humanity.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Nigeria
For more information, please visit Global Shapers Community.