Deadline: 26 July 2019
Government of Canada is seeking Applications for its Youth Employment and Skills Strategy Program (YESS) that is a new, integrated strategy, which aims to provide flexible and holistic services to support all young Canadians develop the skills and gain paid work experience to successfully transition in the labour market.
The YESS has been redesigned to respond to a range of labour market challenges faced by youth, particularly for those facing barriers to employment. The Skills Link, Career Focus, and Summer Work Experience (excluding Canada Summer Jobs) programs that were previously under the Youth Employment Strategy umbrella have been merged into one integrated strategy.
The Youth Employment and Skills Strategy (YESS) program will provide up to $600M in funding to organizations to deliver a range of activities that help youth overcome barriers to employment and develop a broad range of skills and knowledge in order to participate in the current and future labour market.
The YESS program also encourages collaborations and innovation to increase capacity across the youth service provider network (e.g. employers, service delivery organizations and educational institutions), to better support youth, and to help employers hire and retain youth, in particular those who face barriers.
- For projects that are offering direct services to youth, the contribution recipients will recruit participants.
- To participate in the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy Program, individuals must be:
- between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive) at the time of intake/selection
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- in need of assistance to overcome employment barriers
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/funding/youth-employment-skills-strategy-program.html